Hotels in Santiago and Buenos Aires

TeeRick

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

We decided to stay at this hotel.  Thanks for the tip but did you have an issue at check in?  Do you know if the hotel can arrange transport to the cruise port in San Antonio?

No issues for us at check in at the Hotel Plaza San Francisco. Did you hear that someone had problems? 

We arrived at the hotel around noon and were so grateful that they had rooms ready where we could crash after our overnight flight. We spent three nights in the hotel and the staff there were so friendly and helpful. Personally they helped us with directions to our walking tour of the markets, sold us tickets for the HOHO bus, exchanged some cash, and arranged for a taxi van to take the four of us to the bus station. One night we had issues with the AC and mentioned it to the front desk on our way to breakfast. By the time we finished eating, it was fixed and the room was already cooled down.

I do not know if the hotel could arrange a transfer to San Antonio, however. As I mentioned previously, we took the bus which was fairly easy and cheap. Others on our cruise had made arrangements for a private transfer service which picked them up at the hotel. I looked back at our Roll Call spreadsheet and see three different companies that folks booked their transfers with:  South Excursions, i South America, and Perro Tours. I have no experience with any of the companies personally, but it might give you a place to start your search. I don't think I would want to wait and take a chance trying to book anything once you got to Santiago.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:54 AM, AryMay said:

No issues for us at check in at the Hotel Plaza San Francisco. Did you hear that someone had problems? 

We arrived at the hotel around noon and were so grateful that they had rooms ready where we could crash after our overnight flight. We spent three nights in the hotel and the staff there were so friendly and helpful. Personally they helped us with directions to our walking tour of the markets, sold us tickets for the HOHO bus, exchanged some cash, and arranged for a taxi van to take the four of us to the bus station. One night we had issues with the AC and mentioned it to the front desk on our way to breakfast. By the time we finished eating, it was fixed and the room was already cooled down.

I do not know if the hotel could arrange a transfer to San Antonio, however. As I mentioned previously, we took the bus which was fairly easy and cheap. Others on our cruise had made arrangements for a private transfer service which picked them up at the hotel. I looked back at our Roll Call spreadsheet and see three different companies that folks booked their transfers with:  South Excursions, i South America, and Perro Tours. I have no experience with any of the companies personally, but it might give you a place to start your search. I don't think I would want to wait and take a chance trying to book anything once you got to Santiago.

AryMay, I was responding to the post #22 from Dog who mentioned this in a "tip".   Thanks so much for all of the great information you are providing!

• 2 years later...
On 10/25/2021 at 9:47 PM, taramichel said:

Just wondering if you ended up staying at the Savoy Hotel and how it was.

Thank you!

Yes we stayed there in Jan 2020 just right before the pandemic hit.  It was a fine place to stay at that time.  Nice old art deco type hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked the Sileo Apart in Recoleta for our upcoming pre-cruise stay in BA, Jan. 26-30, 2022. We'll have a couple of days post-cruise also. I may try to use some Marriott points, but the Marriott properties are not that well located. Will still have to investigate our options.