FTTF

klarson1027

I have a cruise booked. We have 2 rooms with one room having 4 kids in one and 1 kid with the us. We have connecting Oceanview rooms. I am wondering if i just buy one FTTF will that be fine for the kids to get on the ship with us? They are 11 and under. I don't really care if i only have one room ready when we get on. TIA

1 hour ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Yes, the kids will all be able to board with you since they are minors and cannot board alone. But only one room will be ready when you board, as you noted. 

I don't think this will work. If all the kids are under 11 than isn't there an adult in their room? FTTF is for all occupants of one cabin! Anyone in the other cabin will have wait until their assigned boarding time. Better to get FTTF for both cabins and board together!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rvsullivan said:

I don't think this will work. If all the kids are under 11 than isn't there an adult in their room? FTTF is for all occupants of one cabin! Anyone in the other cabin will have wait until their assigned boarding time. Better to get FTTF for both cabins and board together!

It is absolutely not necessary for the parents in this case to purchase FTTF for the kids room. The kids will be able to board with their parent. And you might want to review the Minor Guest policy. Kids 12 and younger can be in a room alone if the are next door or across the hall from their parents, as long as they are not in a balcony room. 

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/~/minor-guest-policy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rvsullivan said:

Hope your right!!

People have always said Carnival lets minors board early with their parents who are Platinum/Diamond, even if the kids aren’t, so I doubt it’s any different with FTTF. They can’t make the kids board by themselves and the parents paid for FTTF, so they wouldn’t make them wait with the non-FTTF kids.

And bakersdozen is right, the kids can be in their own cabin as long as they meet the criteria. That’s Carnival policy. 

This is what I found on the Carnival website:

Q: We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?
A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3470

If you buy only one FTTF and they adhere to their policy, you may have wasted your money.  As this is specifically under their FTTF FAQ's I would buy 2 FTTF packages.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cdm289 said:

This is what I found on the Carnival website:

Q: We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?
A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

If you buy only one FTTF and they adhere to their policy, you may have wasted your money.  As this is specifically under their FTTF FAQ's I would buy 2 FTTF packages.  

The kids without FTTF won't get all of the benefits of FTTF, but I'm willing to bet Carnival will let them board early with the parents since they're minors. It's no different than letting minors who aren't P/D board with parents who are. If they only buy one FTTF, they won't necessarily have wasted their money because there are other perks than just early boarding. For example, they'll have at least one cabin ready when they board to drop off any carry-on bags.

Anyone with enough experience with Carnival customer service knows that calling them isn't always going to be an absolute solution to one's question. I agree that that's where the OP will have to go to get full-on confirmation of this, unless they just wait until embarkation day, but there's a chance they'll be told the wrong answer or multiple answers from multiple reps. But I don't think there's anything wrong with asking here first.