Senior Cruise Planner vs booking on web site

TomC21

After logging into my Royal Caribbean account I did some mock bookings for my October Mariner cruise. I wanted to find out the prices and the availability of cabins. Within hours I was called by a person who said he was a senior cruise planner with Royal Caribbean, and asked if he could assist me with making a reservation. We went over the availability of cabins and the costs. I told him I wasn’t ready to book yet, but would contact him if I decided to move forward. Long story short, I booked on the Royal Caribbean website because the price wasn’t any different from what he offered me. A few days later he called me back to follow up and I told him I booked on their website. He sounded disappointed and told me he could have offered me something to book through a cruise planner. Has anyone been offered something above and beyond by booking a cruise through a Royal cruise planner?

thank you 

Edited by TomC21

1 hour ago, TomC21 said:

After logging into my Royal Caribbean account I did some mock bookings for my October Mariner cruise. I wanted to find out the prices and the availability of cabins. Within hours I was called by a person who said he was a senior cruise planner with Royal Caribbean, and asked if he could assist me with making a reservation. We went over the availability of cabins and the costs. I told him I wasn’t ready to book yet, but would contact him if I decided to move forward. Long story short, I booked on the Royal Caribbean website because the price wasn’t any different from what he offered me. A few days later he called me back to follow up and I told him I booked on their website. He sounded disappointed and told me he could have offered me something to book through a cruise planner. Has anyone been offered something above and beyond by booking a cruise through a Royal cruise planner?

thank you 

They might give you some OBC or a cheap bottle of wine. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TomC21 said:

thank you 

Even if we book direct we still transfer to our online TA to pick up added perks.