NYC departure- NEWLY built hotels nearby?

backforty

We are departing from NYC to Bermuda in a few weeks. 

Need to book a hotel, but we need it to be a NEWLY CONSTRUCTED hotel (preferably within the last year or two). Not newly renovated, but recently built from the ground up. Preferably within an hour or so South of the cruise port (we are driving from MD to NY). 

Short of calling very hotel within a 1 hour radius (impossible) and asking when their hotel was built (most of the time the receptionists won't even know), I figured some of you probably know of new hotels in the area. Could even be in northern PA or NJ, doesn't have to be in NYC. 

1 hour ago, backforty said:

Need to book a hotel, but we need it to be a NEWLY CONSTRUCTED hotel (preferably within the last year or two). Not newly renovated, but recently built from the ground up. Preferably within an hour or so South of the cruise port (we are driving from MD to NY). 

Short of calling very hotel within a 1 hour radius (impossible) and asking when their hotel was built (most of the time the receptionists won't even know), I figured some of you probably know of new hotels in the area. Could even be in northern PA or NJ, doesn't have to be in NYC. 

There's a new Hampton Inn in Cranbury NJ at 1261 South River Road. It's located not far from Exits 8 or 8A of the NJ Turnpike about one hour from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

1 hour ago, backforty said:

I hope you have a sound reason for requiring a “NEWLY CONSTRUCTED” ... “from the ground up” hotel (does this include motels, of must it be termed a “hotel”.?

An interesting exercise - but knowing why might encourage the expenditure of more effort.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I hope you have a sound reason for requiring a “NEWLY CONSTRUCTED” ... “from the ground up” hotel (does this include motels, of must it be termed a “hotel”.?

An interesting exercise - but knowing why might encourage the expenditure of more effort.

While I was also curious, answering the question required no effort of my part because there's one not far from my home that just opened weeks ago. Living in the area within the OP's boundaries made answering very simple.

Just now, njhorseman said:

While I was also curious, answering the question required no effort of my part because there's one not far from my home that just opened weeks ago. Living in the area within the OP's boundaries made answering very simple.

Glad you could help - local knowledge is always valuable.  Still, I remain curious - tending to think extreme mold sensitivity is a likely impetus for requiring very new construction.

The Jersey City Residence Inn was built in 2017.

Having said that, I like the suggestion for the Hampton Inn in Cranbury at exit 8A on the NJ turnpike.  It’s an easy off easy on to the NJ Turnpike in a nice more rural suburban area about an hour from NY and would meet the OP’s criteria.  I have stayed at the Residence Inn as well as many of the hotels in the Cranbury area.