Cruises that depart on a Saturday or Sunday

rmorlock

I am recently divorced, and have 50/50 custody with my ex.  I love to cruise and want to take my kids, but so far she has absolutely refused to do anything that would overlap her time, especially if it would be something fun.  She has agreed to let me take them on a cruise outside of the US (so we could go to Mexico).

SO, I have the kids every other Friday afternoon -> Friday Morning.  So I would need a cruise that departs Saturday or later but RETURNS on Thursday at the latest.  I live in Washington (already did the Alaska cruises) so flights can be long getting to Florida.  

Any suggestions?  I would like to keep costs down so Carnival is usually where I go (although Royal Caribbean's deal right now is awesome).

A cruise that departed on a Sunday and returned on a Thursday would then depart Thursday. You will not find a cruise that continuously runs on the the same day every week. If you would pick a specific date to leave maybe someone can find a cruise line that meets your requirements.

18 minutes ago, rmorlock said:

I am recently divorced, and have 50/50 custody with my ex.  I love to cruise and want to take my kids, but so far she has absolutely refused to do anything that would overlap her time, especially if it would be something fun.  She has agreed to let me take them on a cruise outside of the US (so we could go to Mexico).

SO, I have the kids every other Friday afternoon -> Friday Morning.  So I would need a cruise that departs Saturday or later but RETURNS on Thursday at the latest.  I live in Washington (already did the Alaska cruises) so flights can be long getting to Florida.  

Any suggestions?  I would like to keep costs down so Carnival is usually where I go (although Royal Caribbean's deal right now is awesome).

Why would you go to Florida when you can cruise from L.A. or S.F..

There are plenty of short 3-5 day cruises out of LA ( though they are often mass market "booze cruises." And some upscale lines do 7 days on the California Coast and /or Mexican Riviera.

That said, you could certainly also negotiate away to your ex some of your kid time for an add-on that accommodates the cruise.

You could go to the link at the top of the page FIND  a CRUISE

put in the month you want to go  then embarkation port like SFO LA  if you want to do  a west coast cruise

then put 5 or 6 day cruises

it will give you some options

Not Florida, but most times, Grandeur (Royal Carib) out of Baltimore leaves every other Saturday for a 5 night cruise to Bermuda.

They alternate with a Thursday Departure/Sat arrival 9 night cruise, that varies.  Sometimes north to NE and Canada.  Sometimes Bermuda and Bahamas.  And sometimes SE US and Bahamas.

Another option, find and contact a Travel Agent.  Let them do the searching. 🙂

Edited by SRF
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 9:44 AM, rmorlock said:

Royals Ovation of the seas has a Friday - Thursday cruise  leaving from Seattle  Sep. 2020. A little pricey but no airfare, happy cruising