NCL "Free Airfare" - flight change?

lgerker1

Has anyone been successful in changing their flight being provided by NCL as part of the free airfare promo? We just received our flight info for our cruise on the Breakaway in mid November and on the way there has us arriving into MIA at 5:30 which is fine but on the way home we don't depart FLL until 6:45 and arriving home to Detroit at 9:45. I have to imagine there is something more optimal but am unable to go through the flight change process on Deltas website.

Have not tried calling NCL or Delta yet - thought I'd see if anyone had any info or had been able to successfully do this before I sit on hold for countless minutes (hours)?

We are in the same predicament out of DTW for our Nov. 17 cruise. I'm not sure how NCL/Delta are expecting us to get on the connecting flight in ATL in less than an hour in between flights. Is it do-able?

43 minutes ago, weedc said:

We are in the same predicament out of DTW for our Nov. 17 cruise. I'm not sure how NCL/Delta are expecting us to get on the connecting flight in ATL in less than an hour in between flights. Is it do-able?

As long as you are not changing terminals that should be plenty of time to get off and go to the next gate.  If you are changing terminals (unlikely) then that will be tight.  The flight they booked for me only has a one hour layover in Charlotte but no terminal change so that will be fine.

1 hour ago, weedc said:

You can check the last couple of days flight arrival and departure times on flight status websites like flightview.  They'll show the actual takeoff and landing times, as well as the gates used.  There's no guarantee that they'll use the exact same gates for your flights, or whether it will rain, etc., but you can get an idea.  The airline that booked you knows where you are on your initial flight.  Just don't make a 15 minute stop if it's close.

1 hour ago, weedc said:

Are you getting on the Breakaway? Us too but headed in on the 16th a day early!

1 hour ago, weedc said:

There are legal connection times at all major hubs. In ATL an hour is plenty to go between the two furthest apart Delta gates.

On 10/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, lgerker1 said:

Has anyone been successful in changing their flight being provided by NCL as part of the free airfare promo? We just received our flight info for our cruise on the Breakaway in mid November and on the way there has us arriving into MIA at 5:30 which is fine but on the way home we don't depart FLL until 6:45 and arriving home to Detroit at 9:45. I have to imagine there is something more optimal but am unable to go through the flight change process on Deltas website.

Have not tried calling NCL or Delta yet - thought I'd see if anyone had any info or had been able to successfully do this before I sit on hold for countless minutes (hours)?

Get a day room in FLL and enjoy the last day of your vacation. Try roomsbyday.com

We actually called today, and had no problems changing our flight; it is prior to them issuing the tickets which is a must.  We do fly out of a major airport, LAX, that is not a hub but has lots of options.  We called and asked if we could be switched at AA flights since 1) that's our preferred carried and 2) they were routing us from LAX to Minneapolis to New Orleans which is WAY outta the way.  They didn't let us pick flights but we are happy with what we have,and we have a record locator number so we even know what flights they are rather the the vagueness on the NCL website.  BUT if they have already booked your flights you are out of luck.

35 minutes ago, kac911 said:

We actually called today, and had no problems changing our flight; it is prior to them issuing the tickets which is a must.  We do fly out of a major airport, LAX, that is not a hub but has lots of options.  We called and asked if we could be switched at AA flights since 1) that's our preferred carried and 2) they were routing us from LAX to Minneapolis to New Orleans which is WAY outta the way.  They didn't let us pick flights but we are happy with what we have,and we have a record locator number so we even know what flights they are rather the the vagueness on the NCL website.  BUT if they have already booked your flights you are out of luck.

Tell me more. Our placeholder flights show us flying from Austin to Chicago to New York to Barcelona. The stop in Chicago is ridiculous. Several people have reported flying United from Newark to Barcelona and we have direct flights from Austin to Newark on United. When I did a search a few days ago the direct flights were much cheaper. I anticipate we’ll be ticked any day as we are 50 days out. I was under the impression we had no say in what we get. Also, did you book direct with NCL or through an agent?

Don’t they say no more than one connection?

I fly to/from ATL a lot because our home office is in the area.  They have an excellent subway system between terminals, but not certain if that includes international terminals (can’t imagine it doesn’t).  

41 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Tell me more. Our placeholder flights show us flying from Austin to Chicago to New York to Barcelona. The stop in Chicago is ridiculous. Several people have reported flying United from Newark to Barcelona and we have direct flights from Austin to Newark on United. When I did a search a few days ago the direct flights were much cheaper. I anticipate we’ll be ticked any day as we are 50 days out. I was under the impression we had no say in what we get. Also, did you book direct with NCL or through an agent?

Booked directly through NCL.  I've read they usual ticket 40 days out.  We called the number from the website (866-625-1163).  Can't hurt to call and try.  All we did was ask to fly another airline, so I'd look on a site like Kayak and see what options are and then maybe ask to switch to the airline with what you hope will give you the best flights.  As someone else said I also thought it was a one stop max deal so you could even just ask if they have anything with only one layover.  Worst they can say is no.

7 hours ago, weedc said:

Highly recommend downloading Delta's app. That way, you can know which gate you need to be at before deplaning from your first flight. And yes, an hour is enough time to get from one gate to another in ATL, even if you need to switch terminals. The underground train runs frequently from terminal to terminal.

14 hours ago, kac911 said:

Booked directly through NCL.  I've read they usual ticket 40 days out.  We called the number from the website (866-625-1163).  Can't hurt to call and try.  All we did was ask to fly another airline, so I'd look on a site like Kayak and see what options are and then maybe ask to switch to the airline with what you hope will give you the best flights.  As someone else said I also thought it was a one stop max deal so you could even just ask if they have anything with only one layover.  Worst they can say is no.

Called this morning and got nowhere. Nothing to tell us until tickets are issued. I do use Kayak and their top selections are British Airways Austin to London to Barcelona and United Austin to Newark to Barcelona. The gal I talked to said pricing had nothing to do with it, it all depends on availability of the airlines they have contracts with. Don’t recall anyone saying they were booked on BA, but plenty on United. And availability from here to Newark to BCN is not an issue on our date. Also, I reviewed the video regarding their air program and it says if flying internationally they will “do their best” to only have one connection. Guess I’m just going to have to have faith that it will all work out. 

On 10/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, lgerker1 said:

I tried calling to change mine  They told me once confirmed you can not change them    I explained to the them the flight I wanted was cheaper then what was ticketed  They told me the price has nothing to do with it and I would have to cancel the promo and rebook my own flights.   My flight are actually fine but wanted nonstop going down.  

15 hours ago, erdoran said:

Don’t they say no more than one connection?

I fly to/from ATL a lot because our home office is in the area.  They have an excellent subway system between terminals, but not certain if that includes international terminals (can’t imagine it doesn’t).  

No, it says they will try to make it with 1 connection or less. If you're flying out of a small airport or flying internationally they might have to give you 2. 

Norwegian Cruise Line will book guests' airfare with a maximum of one connection when possible; air schedules permitting.

On 10/3/2019 at 4:04 PM, lgerker1 said:

Are you getting on the Breakaway? Us too but headed in on the 16th a day early!

Yes, looks like we have the same itinerary including flight and cruise. I'm traveling with my sister who is a first time cruiser. I'm looking forward to showing her the ropes!