Another Drinks Package Question

mklions

Just booked yesterday for a week sailing on the Jewel in January around the Emirates.

We are travelling in a party of six adults and three children.

Just looked online at our booking and see the ultimate drinks package is £41.80 per person per day. Multiplied by six adults and then by seven nights this is a whopping £1,755.60 for our party.!

My question is will the online/ booking price likely to drop nearer the date? Or will it be better to book when we board? 

Thanks in advance for all your responses.

Mklions.

8 minutes ago, mklions said:

Just booked yesterday for a week sailing on the Jewel in January around the Emirates.

Just looked online at our booking and see the ultimate drinks package is £41.80 per person per day. Multiplied by six adults and then by seven nights this is a whopping £1,755.60 for our party.!

My question is will the online/ booking price likely to drop nearer the date? Or will it be better to book when we board? 

Mklions.

you can book now - and then if it drops, cancel your packages and re-package as such!

it's a lottery on the price from my experience!  did you get the £199 deal i saw advertised for a balcony yesterday?

Din't know your exact situation, I am in The States, but here we can notify Royal of extenuating circumstances.  If any of our party cannot drink alcohol (age or medical considerations) we are allowed to purchase a non-alcoholic beverage package.

Hope this helps.

Sea ya!

I

19 minutes ago, CORKY_Q said:

Din't know your exact situation, I am in The States, but here we can notify Royal of extenuating circumstances.  If any of our party cannot drink alcohol (age or medical considerations) we are allowed to purchase a non-alcoholic beverage package.

Hope this helps.

Sea ya!

22 minutes ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

you can book now - and then if it drops, cancel your packages and re-package as such!

it's a lottery on the price from my experience!  did you get the £199 deal i saw advertised for a balcony yesterday?

I probably did get the £199 deal but with the added emirates flights the balcony cost came in at £699 per person. With only a £50 discount for the three children.

Still I think it’s a great price for a weeks balcony cruise.

mklions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mklions said:

I

I probably did get the £199 deal but with the added emirates flights the balcony cost came in at £699 per person. With only a £50 discount for the three children.

mklions.

Definitely so!

We'd looked at it too, as did some of my lads at work last night - our problem is we've 4 booked in the next 12 months and my wife's leave year isn't in line with mine so one of us is short for the same deal in December and the other for the one you're on!

Have you travelled with Emirates/to Dubai before? Both are stunning - especially what the A380 has to offer!

Bon Voyage!

6 minutes ago, mklions said:

I

mklions.

should of also said that we work on a - £100 a night basis! Anything cheaper than that is a bargain and the more you can get into the deal is even better, as in the flights in your case!

2 hours ago, mklions said:

Mklions.

As Bob said above, it is impossible to know if the price will come down - too unpredictable .  The way I'd look at it, ask yourself "will I drink at least an average of £41.80 per day".  That's how you determine if it is a good deal or not.  I always purchase in advance so its paid for by the time the cruise departs & I don't have to worry about the cost on the last day.

3 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

Wowzers - what did I miss? Where was that deal advertised?

As would expect as much as most of the cruises and their alternative itineraries were of a similar ilk, they've increased in price - but here's a link to the page all the same!

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/search-results/?dest=any&from=any&to=any&ship=jw&country=any&port=dxb&len=any&offer=any&visitedport=any&holidayoffer=any&saildate=any&cid=UKRCIS_FBP_SMP200195&fbclid=IwAR1TeSZBMWZcOY1cVwVe44i_fqTVSHUDI8cRboM7khmPPfdpPSSdvF6yVLY

9 hours ago, Frankmac said:

I would strongly advise you NOT to wait until you board to buy the drinks package.

Most definitely buy in advance.  Even if price onboard is less, you can go to guest services and cancel the pre-bought package and re-buy at onboard price, difference will go to you onboard account as a refundable OBC.

6 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Unless you have a loyalty level that gives you a percent off on-board drink package purchases, the price beforehand is almost assuredly less than you'd pay online. 

Even with the Diamond + discount, on the Anthem in September 2019 is was still cheaper to have bought the drink package in advance than to wait until onboard and get the 30% off the package.  Just another erosion of the Diamond + C&A benefits.