Ovation Vancouver to Hawaii Sept, 20, 2019 - Recap

• 4 weeks later...

Great recap of the cruise.  That overnight in Maui gave you an opportunity to see Haleakala at a time of day that would not be possible on most cruises.  There. Is nothing like being able to see it at sunrise or sunset.

We did a sunrise trek several years ago on a land vacation, but it is really hard getting up in the middle of the night to get there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 2:00 AM, twangster said:

In case you missed it @PCWalton1 did a great job with his live trip report during this same cruise.  You can find that here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2696959-live-ovation-of-the-seas-20-30-sept-2019-our-not-normal-cruise-to-hawaii/

This recap is from the same cruise.  I am posting it now that the cruise is complete so hopefully it will provide another perspective and some coverage for the Royal excursions that I did.

With the above trip report so complete I'll skip much of the details and just hit the highlights with pictures.

Your photos are the best of any person on this web site.  Thanks for sharing includes the clips of the Captains that he recorded.  Sounds like Hawaii visit went better on return trip in the fall for tendering.

Again Loved the photos and the descriptions.  I was on the May 13th cruise and when I located this thread having returned from a cruise myself on DCL, it was nice to read your post.  

You must really like this ship.  I bet you have Odyssey already booked.  I know I have and got a good price too.

toodles and thanks again

• 3 weeks later...