UPDATE! Tokyo to Vancouver 2021

forgap

Good news!  We received a letter from Regent through our TA that Regent is offering a future cruise credit equal to the lost day for this cruise in addition to the $250 pp OBC.   Kudos to Regent for doing the right thing!   Since we plan to book another cruise in the future, this works for us!    So, this should put a period on the end of the sentence of the contentious thread that was shut down.

Thanks, forgap.  We are also on this cruise.  Our TA has advised a "reconfigured" Invoice reflecting the future cruise credit and the OBCs is in the works.  

Either Regent felt the heat; or saw the light.  In any event--Works for us. 

GOARMY!

We are not happy about this . I don’t like store credit or future cruise credit. I would prefer the cruise fare to be adjusted prior to making final payment. What happens if life changes and we can’t travel due to health issues? 🤪

• Like 3

While the future cruise credit is nice to get, it is not in compliance with Regent's own Cruise Contract.  Wondering if they mentioned in the letter why the FCC and not the credit for the current cruise as written in the cruise contract?

I agree it's a good effort, however the credit should be off current invoice---not making you spend a whole lot more to get the credit.  Regent should have pride in their product that you'd want to cruise again-not force you to cruise just to get a credit.  Someone at Regent needs to talk to Regents PR Department and figure it out.

We had the same initial thoughts about a future cruise credit, but our TA got back to Regent and they have now advised that the future cruise credit will be applied to this voyage.  Happy Days.

Regent made good.   Just took them a while to figure it out! 

Edit to add:  I think it would also be your choice which you want to do, this cruise or future.

Edited by Segmentersfloattheboat

Nice.  So this seems like the perfect resolution.   The bottom line is that the better the customer is treated by a company, the more likely they will use that company again.  No one likes to fell like th bottom line is more important than the customer.  

5 hours ago, rallydave said:

While the future cruise credit is nice to get, it is not in compliance with Regent's own Cruise Contract.  Wondering if they mentioned in the letter why the FCC and not the credit for the current cruise as written in the cruise contract?

2 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I agree it's a good effort, however the credit should be off current invoice---not making you spend a whole lot more to get the credit.  Regent should have pride in their product that you'd want to cruise again-not force you to cruise just to get a credit.  Someone at Regent needs to talk to Regents PR Department and figure it out.

Please allow me to clarify further - The voyage in discussion is outside of final payment.   Therefore, the FCC may be applied to the this voyage, thus reducing the invoice price.     It is your choice whether you with to apply it to this voyage or another future voyage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Jason OKeefe said:

Please allow me to clarify further - The voyage in discussion is outside of final payment.   Therefore, the FCC may be applied to the this voyage, thus reducing the invoice price.     It is your choice whether you with to apply it to this voyage or another future voyage. 

OK, that makes this final---everybody should be happy.  Regent did the right thing and this should now be closed.  I'm looking forward to our April 1,2020 b2b cruises.

• Like 1