QM2 Captain

Chelsea1

Unless somebody on board asks the current captain how long he will be on board, it isn't possible to know who will be in charge for your sailing.  Cunard stopped publishing the schedules of the senior officers a couple of years ago, citing privacy and security concerns.

• Like 1

Just came of the westbound/quebec city 14 nights August to September 9th and the captan was Assem Hashmi if I am spelling it correctly a guy from Coventry I believe. Captain Wells was on leave. Not sure if Wells is back yet or if hashmi is still onboard.

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Just came of the westbound/quebec city 14 nights August to September 9th and the captan was Assem Hashmi if I am spelling it correctly a guy from Coventry I believe. Captain Wells was on leave. Not sure if Wells is back yet or if hashmi is still onboard.

Both are very entertaining.  I've always enjoyed Captain Wells' talks at the World Club party and his little lessons during the noon report. Captain Hashmi is entertaining, too. When he gets the microphone in his hand, his inner stand-up comedian comes out. I know that isn't the main job of being Master, but I'm sure any Cunard captain is good at the serious stuff, or he/she wouldn't be in that position.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...