Celebrity Transfers

NC State

Looking for your experience using bus transfers from airport to port and returning. NOT LOOKING for taxi or private transfers I have all the feedback on those.  Just looking for feedback with Celebrity buses.  Thank you!

Which port? 

Generally, Celebrity transfers will be the most expensive and might have the longest waits for the bus to be filled.

For Fort Lauderdale, where the port is "spitting distance" from the airport, taxis are plentiful and cost about $20.

Without getting into cost.   Celebrity transfers generally work pretty reliably.   When arriving at airport you will notice a Celebrity Representative holding a sign.   You check in with her and she will give you a sticker and point to a porter who will take your luggage.   You will not see your luggage again until it arrives at your room.    Buses will be called by the sticker number much like an excursion.     We have experienced wait times of between 10 minutes to over an hour.    Once your bus is called you follow the agent holding a sign with the number on it and board the bus for the trip to the port.   

Departure works similar.   You will get a sticker and luggage tags that will designate your pecking order on getting off the ship.   You put your luggage outside you door the night before just like others departing.   When your luggage tag number is called you go to the terminal for immigration and customs.    You will retrieve your luggage and then once outside the terminal you will be directed to buses that will take you to the airport.

Thank you Jim, these is what I was looking for.  We arrive very early at 8:30 am and didn't want to stand outside of the port for it to open.  As far as coming home we usually bring our luggage down for breakfast and then go through customs. We can't set it out the night before. So how would that work?

If you carry your luggage off, all you need to do is walk off the ship clear customs and immigration then walk out of the terminal there will be people there to direct you to the buses.   I believe they give you a transfer ticket a couple days prior to disembarkation and you just give them your luggage and the transfer ticket.   I believe they ask you which airline so the luggage is unloaded at the stop for your terminal.  

• Like 1