Celebrity Perk Packs

Daxin

Good Afternoon,

We have booked our first Celebrity Cruise this holiday season and have discovered the Perk Packs.

We have a question about the pricing....they are listed at say, $799 per adult, but then in the description it says that a "behind the scenes tour for two" is part of the package.

If one person gets the package, do we then both get to go on the tour or would we be required to pay both adults, totaling $1598.

The website is confusing.

Thanks.

They are a very new offering so your best bet may to call Celebrity and ask.

I looked at the packages and personally didn’t see the value when looking at the price of included items.  The experiences( toast with captain during a lunch with a officer -it’s a group lunch) have $0  value to us.  

I think you may be talking about the Premier Pass since that has the Inside Access Tour?  It appears that it is for two people, 1 price (see 3rd question below). The Perks packages (NOT Premier Pass) are per person, from what I can see.

image.png.695b4a7907ccb033162d7788854290de.png

These are the two FAQs sheets I found:

image.thumb.png.bea6353677cb443f2be77da98a99ee7a.png

image.thumb.png.77d664d3a57c6ea1f6faee7d8faa9fb0.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

From my understanding, the "Perks Packages" are merely a repackaging of things you can already purchase individually through Cruise Planner. 

My suggestion would be to purchase the Cruise Planner items you want separately. Then, after you know exactly what you want, check and see if any of these packages closely match what you already purchased. If so, and if the price is lower, then cancel the individual purchases and buy the package instead. 

If the package closely matches what you would have bought anyway, then it might save you some money. But I think the far more likely scenario is that packages encourage you to purchase items that you don't really want.

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

They are a very new offering so your best bet may to call Celebrity and ask.

I looked at the packages and personally didn’t see the value when looking at the price of included items.  The experiences( toast with captain during a lunch with a officer -it’s a group lunch) have $0  value to us.  

Not a lot of value to us with some of the offerings either, but when we look at the cost of the individual items per person, the value adds up overall I think.  

13 minutes ago, Daxin said:

Not a lot of value to us with some of the offerings either, but when we look at the cost of the individual items per person, the value adds up overall I think.  

I think the difference with this one is the Officer's Lunch, photo with the Captain and priority boarding and debarkation. If not in a suite or high up in Captain's Club, guests may not have these opportunities - it is difficult to put a value on those. The other things can be purchased separately, though some are pricey (Inside Access Tour, Veuve Clicquot and Unlimited Internet are worth quite a bit). This one looks like a interesting package for some.

Edited by vtcruising

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I think the difference with this one is the Officer's Lunch, photo with the Captain and priority boarding and debarkation. If not in a suite or high up in Captain's Club, guests may not have these opportunities - it is difficult to put a value on those. The other things can be purchased separately, though some are pricey (Inside Access Tour, Veuve Clicquot and Unlimited Internet are worth quite a bit). This one looks like a interesting package for some.

But to me it still seems  overpriced if you add up the tour,  dinner, champagne etc.  But some of those items are high priced anyhow if  purchased sep. 

. I think these packages are attractive because they seem convenient to book.  Wondering how the special events are scheduled?

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

But to me it still seems  overpriced if you add up the tour,  dinner, champagne etc.  But some of those items are high priced anyhow if  purchased sep. 

. I think these packages are attractive because they seem convenient to book.  Wondering how the special events are scheduled?

The Premier Pass would be a good deal on an upcoming Edge cruise.  I can get the package above for 35% off or $535 right now and get:

Inside Access Tour X 2 = $198

Veuve Clicquot =                    92

Unlimited Internet for 2      358

Laundry                                ~75

Total                               ~   $723

Plus people get VIP boarding and disembarking, Officer's Lunch, photo with Captain and food and wine pairing, that have an unknown value (more valuable to some than others). We can get 20% off the bottle of champagne with the Premium Package, a 35% discount on the internet and have free laundry with Elite + so not as valuable to us, but if we wanted the VIP embark/debark, Officer's lunch and picture with Captain, it would be worth it to us. The other packages don't appeal because they have things we wouldn't necessarily use (photos, X shore excursions, internet since we have big discount or can get as a perk).

The lunch is scheduled by X and the date/time will be in cabin on embarkation day. The wine pairing is with dinner one night - unsure if you can choose the night (such as at a specialty restaurant) - not sure that would be a great experience in a busy MDR.

I agree that some people book because of convenience. I think that people are drawn to packages (I know I am until I really look at what I would get).

25 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The FAQs says wine pairing is glass of wine to compliment your meal on 1st EC night.

Laundry 1 bag wash & fold is $49. 

The FAQs and the other info that is below the description on my Cruise Planner are different. The one on the Cruise Planner (“How to redeem” above)says the sommelier will pair wine for one dinner. Guess we’ll have to see if anyone does this an how it worked - not worth it for one glass, IMO.