Perfect Day at Coco Cay Cabanas - Review with photos

1 hour ago, torpeedo said:

Ours is $399 but the prices vary by sail date.  In the summer they're probably $1,499.  Yikes!

That's not bad - we're going in January so i'm guessing that's lower season.  I wonder if there are chairs/shade on the quiet side?

Which cabana were you in?  We'll be there in December and it's hard to tell from the map where to pick.   I don't want to be over by the wave pool... it looks like there are some cabanas closer to/in between the two sets of waterslides.  We'll have the bigger kids (11/12) that will want to do Devil's tower and younger kids (6/9) that will probably be   more interested in the racers and tube slides.   Thoughts?  Suggestions?

True they are preassigned - however we're spoiling ourselves this time and I was going to ask our Genie to see about getting one away from the wave pool.   I think you can also go to the excursions desk upon boarding to request certain areas.

2 hours ago, Djsmrs said:

Which cabana were you in?  We'll be there in December and it's hard to tell from the map where to pick.   I don't want to be over by the wave pool... it looks like there are some cabanas closer to/in between the two sets of waterslides.  We'll have the bigger kids (11/12) that will want to do Devil's tower and younger kids (6/9) that will probably be   more interested in the racers and tube slides.   Thoughts?  Suggestions?

They are preassigned,   I can’t imagine getting it changed once on the ship

if they are all sold out.  However,  you MAY be able to make a request before you cruise.  I don’t know.  We were in cabana  51 and were directly in front of the racers and tube slides.  Close to the wave pool,  and the pool with the ropes course, rope swing  and rock wall.  The entire area isn’t huge-  any cabana in the area would be fairly centralized with the exception of the ones near the wave pool.   

1 minute ago, Bitsmommy said:

They are preassigned,   I can’t imagine getting it changed once on the ship

if they are all sold out.  However,  you MAY be able to make a request before you cruise.  I don’t know.  We were in cabana  51 and were directly in front of the racers and tube slides.  Close to the wave pool,  and the pool with the ropes course, rope swing  and rock wall.  The entire area isn’t huge-  any cabana in the area would be fairly centralized with the exception of the ones near the wave pool.   

Perfection - thanks!  It's hard to judge the scale on the maps.   It will definitely be a perfect day and we cannot wait!

6 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

We have a water park cabana in April for $299.  Navigator is the only ship in port.  

Should we be requesting a certain cabana in that area? Do they have numbers? Any thoughts on location of middle vs end of row, near the wave pool or slide area etc? 

I think that kind of depends on what you like.  If you plan on spending most of your time at the wave pool,  try to get 33-42.

Otherwise,   I would be happy with any other the other locations.   The water park is not huge and everything is fairly centralized.  We were in 51 and the zip line  went  over us-  which was neat.  We were very close to the slides,  pretty close pool with the ropes course,  and the wave pool and the very,  very tall water slide (I can’t remember the name of it-  sorry!) 

On 10/9/2019 at 8:12 AM, Cel_cruise said:

We have a water park cabana in April for $299.  Navigator is the only ship in port.  

Should we be requesting a certain cabana in that area? Do they have numbers? Any thoughts on location of middle vs end of row, near the wave pool or slide area etc? 

They are preassigned.  I feel like the only way to request would be before sailing.  However,  I don’t think there is a bad location. It just depends on where your family spends their time.  

3 hours ago, 37645 said:

Can you no longer get funnel cakes delivered to the cabanas? Do you have to go to the place yourself to get them? Thanks for all these pics 🙂

Our attendant delivered them this August and October the Thrill Island and Chill Island. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 7:55 AM, Bitsmommy said:

Sure-  here you go.  These are NOT included in the cabana, and were part of the drink package.   We are just messy 🙂

Sorry about the weird(ish) pic,  everyone is still asleep in the cabin so lighting is weird 🙂image.thumb.jpg.81cda6f62a6f727f377991c2d87c420c.jpg

There were 2 colors in our cabin...I kept the lavender cup also. My husband took the green one

5 hours ago, 37645 said:

Can you no longer get funnel cakes delivered to the cabanas? Do you have to go to the place yourself to get them? Thanks for all these pics 🙂

They aren’t something on a menu,  however we were delivered one today at the Chill island cabanas.  We didn’t ask,  they just did it.