Equinox bourbon question

dis2cruise

19 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So it sounds like no one has seen the Macallan on board?  I'm on Equinox and wonder where I can find it.

They should have Macallan Select Oak.  it's hard to find at the pool bars but the Sunset Bar should have it and you can usually get it at the Ensemble lounge and the Sky lounge.  If they don't have it tell them to go get some. I've had to ask them to fetch it a few times. As long as they are not super busy they will usually get a bottle. 

24 minutes ago, TFLG said:

They should have Macallan Select Oak.  it's hard to find at the pool bars but the Sunset Bar should have it and you can usually get it at the Ensemble lounge and the Sky lounge.  If they don't have it tell them to go get some. I've had to ask them to fetch it a few times. As long as they are not super busy they will usually get a bottle. 

I should say I will be on Equinox.  Any idea of price for Select Oak?

14 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I should say I will be on Equinox.  Any idea of price for Select Oak?

I know it's included in the Premium package, so it's under $15.  Not sure what it costs if you buy one.

3 hours ago, TFLG said:

Yea, that's not a bad list,  if only they actually had the stuff.  They usually have one Macallan and it's typically the Select Oak. I've never seen Quest and I thought that was only available at Duty free shops.  It's the only place I've seen it and I bought a bottle on my last 2 trips down under. The World Class and Ensemble lounge usually have the best selection good luck getting anything decent at the other bars.

Yeah, I board the Summit in 30 days.  I think I am going to take this list and see where I can actually find the Wisk(e)ys.

We were on the Summit in August and the bourbon selection was very sorry. On day five they had Woodford Double Oak in the shops for sale but not in any bar. Nothing else on their list is close to premium in my opinion. I complained to a beverage manager who happened to be in the shop area and a bottle amazingly appeared in one bar, but on future sailings we will always check the bourbon selection before upgrading to premium beverages. It is a much better deal to just pay the upcharge for whatever they happen to have than be disappointed when none is to be found.