Organizing a Meet & Greet?

copper004

How does someone go about organizing a Meet & Greet? I am sailing the Gem on December 21st. I am a member of the cruise Roll Call.

Unfortunately, the lady who was organizing the M&G has not posted in over 2 months. So we are trying to come up with a plan “B”. It seems none of the other Roll Call members have set one up, me included. Other members of the Roll Call are trying to figure out what steps need to be taken and what sort of time line we should follow. Any advise would be appreciated! 

I'm just setting one up at the moment. It's a simple as nominating one person to email SpecialEvents[INSERTSHIPNAME]@ncl.com with the rough numbers and suggested time/day for the event, and they'll get back to you with confirmation of the booking and the name of someone to speak to when actually on the ship. 

Anything else you want to take place as part of the meet and greet - gift exchange, card games, tour matching etc - is down to you to arrange amongst yourselves.

I confirmed the event about 50 days out. I'll reconfirm numbers a week before sailing, because there's been a bit of change, and e-mail everyone a reminder with time, date and location at the same time. But you can be as flexible as you want, although I wouldn't give less than 3 weeks notice if avoidable. 

First email "specialeventsgem@ncl.com" with the date of the cruise and ask if anyone has arranged to organise the M&G.  Then go from there.

I have a complicated story about being gazumped when trying to arrange a M&G, it is not nice.   

Make sure that the path is open first.  If not ask the person you contact to contact the supposed organiser to see if she is actually intending to do it.

15 hours ago, copper004 said:

How does someone go about organizing a Meet & Greet? I am sailing the Gem on December 21st. I am a member of the cruise Roll Call.

Unfortunately, the lady who was organizing the M&G has not posted in over 2 months. So we are trying to come up with a plan “B”. It seems none of the other Roll Call members have set one up, me included. Other members of the Roll Call are trying to figure out what steps need to be taken and what sort of time line we should follow. Any advise would be appreciated! 

Easy, just volunteer, if no one else has you get started. First thing is let the roll call members know what you are doing; then notify NCL that you want to set one up. You will email specialeventsgem@ncl.com and they will give you a time. Then you start keeping track of how many will be coming and you will need to make lists plus plan some other activities. 

We have ours set for this coming Monday on the Breakaway. Following the M&G we have set up a slot pull, plus we have a few other activities for later in the week. It is a bit of work, but so much fun.