Wine Luminae

vvnh16a

1 hour ago, vvnh16a said:

Are wine offerings served in Luminae like Decoy Cab and others....Served Gratis!. 

That was what we ordered about every night , one night they ran out and gave us caymus for same price. Agree need drink package or take glass from suite lounge , was crazy about wines in suite lounge so we asked if we could get decoy cab, they had that on all of our other visits.

• Like 1

If you have the premium package that most have with a suite, you can get Decoy as part of the package (it was $14 a glass on our last cruise so within the $15 limit). For Caymus or other wines that are more than $15/glass, you can pay the difference.

Here is a Luminae wine menu - note that stock may change, as well as prices.

Luminae Wine.pdf

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

If you have the premium package that most have with a suite, you can get Decoy as part of the package (it was $14 a glass on our last cruise so within the $15 limit). For Caymus or other wines that are more than $15/glass, you can pay the difference.

Here is a Luminae wine menu - note that stock may change, as well as prices.

Luminae Wine.pdf 679.96 kB · 29 downloads

Thanks for sharing the wine list.

• Like 1

Yes, thanks for the list. Quite a range of pricing on the bottles, I see some good relative values at under 2x retail and many overpriced ones too, over 3x retail. The Decoy should be $20 retail, $60 here is not great value. 

I remember years and years ago (like 20), the wines by the bottle were by and large very good value with rather small markups, probably due to bulk purchase and maybe ability to minimize taxes. But I guess they're trying to make more $$ these days...

20 minutes ago, gordiej said:

Yes, thanks for the list. Quite a range of pricing on the bottles, I see some good relative values at under 2x retail and many overpriced ones too, over 3x retail. The Decoy should be $20 retail, $60 here is not great value. 

I remember years and years ago (like 20), the wines by the bottle were by and large very good value with rather small markups, probably due to bulk purchase and maybe ability to minimize taxes. But I guess they're trying to make more $$ these days...

With the Classic pkg you get 15% off a bottle and 20% off with the Premium pkg, so that helps a bit.

Also, we were able to get Caymus cab with their Elevated Wine By The Glass program for $10/glass + grats, instead of $25 ($10 difference since we had Premium pkg). We ended up sharing 2 bottles with our friends for $50/bottle (5 glasses/bottle) and it's usually $120/bottle ($96 with the 20% discount) in Luminae and in another restaurant on the Edge. It's a way to get a nice wine at a reasonable price.

image.thumb.png.c288274e226dbc3177dcae6b0ff9f01c.png

Edited by vtcruising

Ah yes, forgot about the package discount (also Captain's Club discounts by status)!

It is hard to fork out for a bottle when you're on a package, but I do tend to find the red wines in particular are served quite warm by the glass, so at least with a bottle I can have them ice it down a bit before serving. 

13 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

Our favor Chardonnay but I did not see it  I wounded if they  removed from the wine list

Look at bottom left of post # 8 - I think it is the one listed as part of the Elevated Wine By The Glass list. We drank it some on our few last cruises -  it was a dollar extra, but I think Luminae waived it as I don't remember seeing it on the final tab. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

Which reminds me of another oddity on the wine list posted above - the Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc is a few dollars more expensive than the Chardonnay ($70 vs $66). Almost always the other way around; for Cakebread typically at retail it's $30 for the SB and $40 for Chardonnay. Which of course makes the Chardonnay quite the value (assuming you like Napa Chardonnays!) and the SB about average.

Also odd they don't show the vintage of any of the wines, they should at least show it for the prestige cuvee Champagnes! 

Edited by gordiej

8 hours ago, gordiej said:

Also odd they don't show the vintage of any of the wines, they should at least show it for the prestige cuvee Champagnes! 

I didn't even notice that - I can see not doing it for the old standbys that change yearly and would need new lists more frequently, but it is odd that they don't add the vintage for the nicer bottles. If I were spending a lot of money, I would certainly ask.

I looked at some of the other X wine lists and none of them had the vintages (note: these lists are examples of what they have - stock and prices do change):

MDR Wine List.pdf

Blu Wine.pdf

Eden Wine List.pdf

Edited by vtcruising

I didn’t see Prosecco by the glass on the Luminae wine list. We have the premium package and I was wondering if it’s available. 

Also in Luminae, can you also get wines from the other wine lists. I drink white and my husband drinks red. 

I see on the Elevated Wines by the Glass that they mention Conundrum, but I don’t see it listed.  Is it available by the glass. 

There seem to be a lot of Chardonnays on the lists, but I prefer Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio or a blend. 

Edited by Cyber Kat

38 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

I didn’t see Prosecco by the glass on the Luminae wine list. We have the premium package and I was wondering if it’s available. 

Also in Luminae, can you also get wines from the other wine lists. I drink white and my husband drinks red. 

I see on the Elevated Wines by the Glass that they mention Conundrum, but I don’t see it listed.  Is it available by the glass. 

There seem to be a lot of Chardonnays on the lists, but I prefer Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio or a blend. 

Yes, to Prosecco. I too prefer Sauvignon Blancs (NZ) and had the Villa Maria from Marlborough most of the time, as well as an occasional Cloudy Bay.  We have had both white and red Conundrum by the glass on X ships, including Luminae. For dishes that pair better with a Chardonnay, we really liked the Mer Soleil.

On the first night I would let the wine steward know what you like - I've found that they try to keep it stocked, if available onboard. We once wanted a special red within a certain price point for an anniversary dinner and they went to Cellar Masters and selected a very nice wine and had it ready for us for our special dinner (asked the day before). Have always had great wine service in Luminae.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, to Prosecco. I too prefer Sauvignon Blancs (NZ) and had the Villa Maria from Marlborough most of the time, as well as an occasional Cloudy Bay.  We have had both white and red Conundrum by the glass on X ships, including Luminae. For dishes that pair better with a Chardonnay, we really liked the Mer Soleil.

On the first night I would let the wine steward know what you like - I've found that they try to keep it stocked, if available onboard. We once wanted a special red within a certain price point for an anniversary dinner and they went to Cellar Masters and selected a very nice wine and had it ready for us for our special dinner (asked the day before). Have always had great wine service in Luminae.

Excellent!  Thank you so much - looks like I will definitely find something!

• Like 1