Champagne vs Sparkling Wine

Fighterone

28 minutes ago, Belfast Taxman said:

IMHO somewhat of a step up from their previous offering Jacquart, but still not up to the level of Veuve Cliqueot, served in PH and above on embarkation.

Tiny correction ....... one bottle of Veuve Cliquot is given to passengers in suites above Seven Seas Suites (i.e., Grand and Master suites and, on Explorer, of course, the Explorer suite).  It is also given to top levels of the Seven Seas Society.

2 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

IMHO somewhat of a step up from their previous offering Jacquart, but still not up to the level of Veuve Cliqueot, served in PH and above on embarkation.

Back in the "good ol' days" on Radisson Veuve Cliqueot was the house pour. 😞

J

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Tiny correction ....... one bottle of Veuve Cliquot is given to passengers in suites above Seven Seas Suites (i.e., Grand and Master suites and, on Explorer, of course, the Explorer suite).

in regent suit also?

On 10/15/2019 at 8:34 PM, JMARINER said:

Back in the "good ol' days" on Radisson Veuve Cliqueot was the house pour. 😞

J

No it was not...   We took a fair number of Radisson cruises.   In 2006 (Trans-Atlantic, Rom/FLL) the champagne was "ordinary" and I bought a bottle of Veuve Clicquot for Ken's birthday - 11 Nov which was his 69th. - for about $70.

6 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

No it was not...   We took a fair number of Radisson cruises.   In 2006 (Trans-Atlantic, Rom/FLL) the champagne was "ordinary" and I bought a bottle of Veuve Clicquot for Ken's birthday - 11 Nov which was his 69th. - for about $70.

Think back further,  say like 2001. It was Veuve Clicquot, I would put money on it.

And I looked back at this thread (Link) "Wendy the Wander" remembers Veuve Clicquot as the house pour too.

J

Edited by JMARINER
update link
  • Haha 1

Our first cruise on Radisson was in 2004.   And in those days (and until 2007 ?) alcohol and bottled wine - aside from at meals in the CR etc -  were not included in the cruise fare.   So if there was Veuve Clicquot (and I am sure there was) it wasn't free.  You bought it by the bottle.   I seriously doubt Radisson would have offered Veuve Clicquot as the "boarding champagne..:"