Carnival to add a 4th ship in Galveston

Crusin Hogs

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

I also know that those people (which group I am approaching from an age perspective) is def not the Carnival sweet spot.  They do have some pull, but pales in comparison.  Cruisers here complained for years that Carnival sailed north and opposed to south.  Had the opportunity to tour several ships that were heading north, saw the clientele.

I was speaking only to the ports the other member mentioned. But I have skin in the game as the family comes from MDI.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

So are you saying Brooklyn as a whole is not a good borough?

Not at all grasshopper, near the Brooklyn Navy yards, but was specifically talking about the port area.   Brooklyn is actually the up and coming borough, as you probably know.  Facts are it is way out of the way compared to Manhattan, especially from people coming from west.

Edited by jimbo5544

46 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not at all grasshopper, near the Brooklyn Navy yards, but was specifically talking about the port area.   Brooklyn is actually the up and coming borough, as you probably know.  Facts are it is way out of the way compared to Manhattan, especially from people coming from west.

Yes. Brooklyn always has a negative stereotype, which I am glad you are acknowledging as false.

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Freedom is going to Seattle in 2021 per JH's FB. So I guess there won't be four ships in Galveston unless there's a replacement that hasn't been named yet.

4 ships will be home ported out of Galveston:

The Carnival Radiance will join the Galveston-based fleet in May 2021. In addition, the Carnival Breeze will return to Galveston from Port Canaveral, becoming the newest and largest ship to operate a short cruise program from Galveston. The Carnival Dream will shift to six- and eight-day Caribbean voyages while the Carnival Vista will continue to sail its week-long Caribbean cruises. 

For full article:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21725-carnival-to-base-four-ships-in-galveston-year-round.html

Edited by Joe817

5 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

The Carnival Radiance will join the Galveston-based fleet in May 2021. In addition, the Carnival Breeze will return to Galveston from Port Canaveral, becoming the newest and largest ship to operate a short cruise program from Galveston. The Carnival Dream will shift to six- and eight-day Caribbean voyages while the Carnival Vista will continue to sail its week-long Caribbean cruises. 

For full article:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21725-carnival-to-base-four-ships-in-galveston-year-round.html

I see. I missed the part about Freedom leaving I guess.

Somewhere in here I think I mentioned how they were charging an arm and a leg on those short Dream cruises out of Galveston. Last week I changed my upcoming Dream cruise to Panorama...only an additional $6/day to sail on a brand new ship. I just had to move down one deck because lido was sold out.

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I see. I missed the part about Freedom leaving I guess.

5 hours ago, Joe817 said:

For full article:

There's the 4th!