taxi fare from Biscayne Bay Marriott

We were there in Dec 05.........Bought a package with transfers included as well as breakfast which we chose room service...It was very good! Extra pass was $6:00 if I remember. When you check in ask and sign up for what time you would like to be dropped off! It was very easy and worked out very well for us!

Happy Cruisin!

We were there in Dec 05.........Bought a package with transfers included as well as breakfast which we chose room service...It was very good! Extra pass was $6:00 if I remember. When you check in ask and sign up for what time you would like to be dropped off! It was very easy and worked out very well for us!

Happy Cruisin!

Trouble with that is the transfer doesn't leave very early as I remember.

We used their package once. Everything went rather well, except...the shuttle that picks you up also picks up passengers for other cruiselines. The luggage is not loaded in any particular order, so when you arrive at the pier they have to sometimes unload everything to get to the luggage for that ship. It wasn't a really long delay, but you should be aware. We are booked at the Marriott again in March, but this time we will just take a taxi to the pier.

The taxi fare should be in the $7 range. However, we did get hosed the first time we stayed there. I was travelling with another lady and two teenage girls. Needless to say, it was very busy in front of the hotel with people getting cabs to go to port. There was a bell-hop getting people to taxis. The bell hop came and got our luggage and before I knew it, he was putting it in a Lincoln Town Car. I told him that I wanted a cab and he said this was a limo service that was the same as a cab. I didn't want to make a fuss so I let it go. The driver soaked us for $15 for the ride and his "limo" looked like a plain old Lincoln Town Car to me. It wasn't even very clean. He did give me his card and told me to call him when we returned and he would take us to the airport. In his dreams. So hang on to your luggage until you are sure it is going into a cab.

Tucker in Texas

What I meant is marriott has a van that will take you to the port. It is their "shuttle". We arrived at the port at 10:30am and were on the ship at Noon! You just have to schedule your drop off time at the desk when you check in and of course pay if you did not purchase the pre-cruise pkg.

It was very easy and worked out very well at the pier which was very busy! The van driver knew right where to go and also was able to get us a porter for our luggage!

I really hadn't considered the possibility of the hotel shuttle to the port. I booked this hotel with Marriott points, so I don't have a cruise package. Will they make arrangements for the shuttle for us even if we haven't booked a cruise package? Frankly, that sounds better than a taxi ... I have had too many bad experiences with taxi drivers overcharging.

The Marriot Biscayne Bay does have shuttle service. You can reserve it seperately once you arrive. They have one to take you to Bayside Marketplace, and there is also one that will take you to the cruise port. We ended up getting a van cab, ordered by the fromt desk, because there were 6 of us. Sorry, I don't remember the shuttle costs, but we found the front desk staff to be friendly and accomodating.:)

We took the free people mover back to the hotel after dinner at Bayside (shuttle only runs until 10 PM or so). There are lots of homeless folks hanging out on the transit platform, so I would suggest doing it with a group of your own. :)

Archived