Preferred boarding for Medallion?

jbu

Hi all - We're scheduled for the Sky Princess in December out of Ft. Lauderdale.  This will be our 26th cruise, first Medallion.  I have a question and if it's already been answered here on Cruise Critic I'll try to find it, but I thought I'd ask first and maybe save hours of reading time...  We always make every effort to be first to board.  We're Elite and so we always go to the Elite lounge and because we're preferred, we get on before regular bookings.  We really like boarding first because we want to get seats in the Sanctuary, dinner reservations, etc.  Here's my question:  If we're Ocean Ready, and we have our medallions ahead of time, will we still board in the same way (Preferred first)?  Will other passengers, who are Ocean Ready and have their medallions ahead of time, board with the preferred boarders or, worse, ahead of the preferred who aren't Ocean Ready? 

Sorry if it's already been asked and answered, and if so I'll dig around for it - but a quick answer would be most helpful.  Thanks in advance!

My one experience is that boarding is the same as always. Priority boarders go first then others. Being Ocean Ready, medallions in hand, will allow you to bypass check in and go straight to the boarding area. If boarding has already begun you pretty much walk right on. On our only medallion cruise boarding went very quickly. 

• Like 2

Everyone on sky will have medallions.  It is a medallion ship; since you are elite; you go to the lounge and board with other elite members.  You will board ahead of the other non elite passengers

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Everyone on sky will have medallions.  It is a medallion ship; since you are elite; you go to the lounge and board with other elite members.  You will board ahead of the other non elite passengers

medallions in hand bypass the people in line to pick up their medallions

• Like 2

I think the OP wanted to know about getting on the ship; not into the port.  They mentioned getting on board first so they could make spa and sanctuary reservations.  I think everyone who show up to port has to get in line and go thru port security.  After that depending on your status you either get to go to elite lounge or regular waiting area.  

• Like 1