Interesting All-Inclusive Offer

Spanky My

Just got an offer on our november cruise that Windstar is promoting an all inclusive offer per person  .So....

ALL-IN PACKAGE AMENITIES

PRICE PER DAY

Captain’s Exclusive Beverage Package
Includes most wine, spirits, beer, cocktails, and minibar

$59

Unlimited Wi-Fi

$35

Hotel and Beverage Service Fees

$22.35

Laundry Service

$8

TOTAL

$89 $124.35

Package must be booked seven days prior to departure

So for 2 people they expect you to pay  for our 10 day cruise....pay 1780 dollars which is more than we paid for (1) persons total price for our cruise . Really? No thanks !

That is precisely why I am fearful that WS Will go to all inclusive. I have   no interest in the alcohol pacage since we both drink  a  total of maybe three drinks a day, I want to get away from the internet on holiday, what is hotel and service fees is us gratuities, I am a good tipper, i do  use  the laundry but it never   goes over the prepackaged rate. Let people choose please WS do not become all inclusive, I beg you. Happy Sailing

• Like 2

This package has been around  for awhile now.   Only a savings if you want the internet. The service fees you need to pay one way or the other, so that does compensate for the cost a bit, and the laundry is totally worth it. 

Super informative thread title, BTW. Perhaps a mod can add this to the existing thread. 

Edited by milepig

The all-inclusive package was right for me, as I like my cocktails and my wine with dinner and didn't want to be signing chits every time I wanted a drink.  The Windstar per-drink cost seemed pretty high, anyway.  I made good use of the Wi-Fi to communicate with the spouse at home, I was glad to have the gratuities dispensed with beforehand, and it was dandy to have access to laundry service.  On Seabourn (my preferred cruise line), I like having the drinks and gratuities included in the fare.  Yes, it looks like a steep price for the Windstar package, but they're at least allowing passengers to make the choice.  For me, "You can pay 'em now, or you can pay 'em later."

And by the way, this thread really does need a different heading . . .

• Like 1

I called Seattle today to pay our balance on our January cruise and was offered the same "deal." We already get free laundry (cruise is a Star Collector) and at $1250 or so per person we kindly said no. That's a heck of a lot of alcohol 🤣

We've looked at this a couple of times, but we are primarily wine drinkers, and there just isn't a good list by the glass.  By the bottle either, but it's better than BTG)

I might have one vodka and club on a hot afternoon and my husband might have a beer or two during the week.  We cruise to get away from the Internet, and find that we can connect to WiFi while on shore enough for our needs.