Post-cruise hotel in Miami?

MamaToMany

I’m sitting at the Comfort Suites in Miami right now, and will depart on NCL Sky for a B2B tomorrow.  While this is perfectly serviceable for a pre-cruise night, I know I don’t want to come back after the cruise.  If very much like to be somewhere that has lots of dining options nearby and perhaps is close to the beach. I’m a solo 39yo woman, and while I can handle myself, I’d like to stay somewhere that feels safe for a day of exploration and hanging out after I get off the ship.  What would you recommend? An airport shuttle would be a big bonus, but isn’t required!

Edited by MamaToMany
Spelling

2 hours ago, MamaToMany said:

I’m sitting at the Comfort Suites in Miami right now, and will depart on NCL Sky for a B2B tomorrow.  While this is perfectly serviceable for a pre-cruise night, I know I don’t want to come back after the cruise.  If very much like to be somewhere that has lots of dining options nearby and perhaps is close to the beach. I’m a solo 39yo woman, and while I can handle myself, I’d like to stay somewhere that feels safe for a day of exploration and hanging out after I get off the ship.  What would you recommend? An airport shuttle would be a big bonus, but isn’t required!

while not near the beach, we stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell which was in the very nice financial district downtown.  Lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Downtown in the Mary Brickell area there are several hotels and many local dining options, but if you want the beach you will need to go to Miami Beach. Hopefully a local will be able to suggest some hotels in South Beach.

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

Downtown in the Mary Brickell area there are several hotels and many local dining options, but if you want the beach you will need to go to Miami Beach. Hopefully a local will be able to suggest some hotels in South Beach.

17 hours ago, MamaToMany said:

Look into hotels in the Lincoln Road Mall area of Miami Beach. You will be close to the beach with lots of shopping and restaurants. It’s a safe area, but as always be aware of your surroundings. 

Take a look at The Loews, The Surfcomber, The Catalina, The Essex House, The South Seas, The Delano, The Shore Club, The Hotel Of South Beach to name  a few.

All are excellent locations in South Beach which would be perfectly safe to stay in.