Flights by celebrity sale

terrifish

9 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Great, glad I was able to help clarify.  Now I'll try again-   when you refer to the option for business class, if you are again talking about your SAN-ATL flight, I don't believe there is business class offered by Delta on that route.  They do offer it on SOME transcontinental flights, but unless I'm mistaken, there are no flights in and out of San Diego that were added to that list.  What you will have the option for is domestic first class, definitely a big step up from economy or comfort+, but nowhere near as nice as business class, or what Delta brands as Delta One.  Occasionally you might luck out and be on a plane equipped with the business class seats, if it's a continuation of an international flight or if the aircraft is being repositioned, but the service will be equivalent to domestic first class.  If you tell me the flight date and time I can look at what Delta's offering and quickly tell you if that's the case.

If this was booked via the cruise line, sometimes that creates confusion because the same fare class offerings aren't available on all airlines on all routes so the cruise air site sometimes lumps things into a category where they don't technically belong.

Thank you Waterbug, our flight number is:  DL2908 flying out of San Diego April 1, 2020 at 1:45 pm.  We mainly fly AA so this is a learning curve for me.  And yes, we did use Celebrity's CruiseAir to book the flights.  Appreciate you helping us out.

3 hours ago, FloatSomeMore said:

Thank you Waterbug, our flight number is:  DL2908 flying out of San Diego April 1, 2020 at 1:45 pm.  We mainly fly AA so this is a learning curve for me.  And yes, we did use Celebrity's CruiseAir to book the flights.  Appreciate you helping us out.

Ok I checked and as I assumed, your aircraft is definitely not configured for business class, so if the cruise line told you you were in business I'd have a chat with them.  Anyway, an upgrade on this flight would be for regular domestic first class, which is still a much nicer product that Comfort+ on a flight that long.  I think you said you had an option to upgrade to that pretty cheaply...was it $100?...and if so I'd consider that a bargain. 

On 10/21/2019 at 9:19 AM, TeeRick said:

The best perk is that you can book well in advance, refundable, and not pay for it until final payment date.

Pay later at final payment date only available for refundable fares. Non refundable (lower cost) fares must be paid in full at time of booking.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:51 PM, 39august said:

I've been using Flights by Celebrity for the last few cruises. Today the price  direct thru' Delta was $192 pp less than Flights by Celebrity for our May cruise in first class. Sorry to lose the perks of FBC, but money is money!

I had the same experience, FBC was over $400 more for the same flight than Delta.  

7 hours ago, bkbarrym said:

Pay later at final payment date only available for refundable fares. Non refundable (lower cost) fares must be paid in full at time of booking.

For my flights the refundable fares were less expensive than non-refundable fares for some reason the day I booked them through FBC.  

11 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Ok I checked and as I assumed, your aircraft is definitely not configured for business class, so if the cruise line told you you were in business I'd have a chat with them.  Anyway, an upgrade on this flight would be for regular domestic first class, which is still a much nicer product that Comfort+ on a flight that long.  I think you said you had an option to upgrade to that pretty cheaply...was it $100?...and if so I'd consider that a bargain. 

Thank you again, I will explore this further.  Today we are getting ready to head to Maine for a week.  In NC we've had a drought and our leaves are falling before turning in most instances.  Looking forward to seeing how the northern half is doing.