Bottle of Rum?

copper6606

We are on The MSC Meraviglia for a 21 day Repositioning Cruise in April.

Paying $1400 is just out of the question for the Liquore Pkg! Does anyone know if you can Pre Purchase a bottle of liquor for your room  prior to Boarding as you can on other Lines.

I always thought the price was very inflated to do this... but maybe its better than a per night price for a 21 day cruise 😉

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated 😃🥃

2 hours ago, copper6606 said:

Paying $1400 is just out of the question for the Liquore Pkg! Does anyone know if you can Pre Purchase a bottle of liquor for your room  prior to Boarding as you can on other Lines.

I always thought the price was very inflated to do this... but maybe its better than a per night price for a 21 day cruise 😉

Someone must know if you can Pre-order a bottle of booze on an MSC ship??

25 minutes ago, copper6606 said:

Someone must know if you can Pre-order a bottle of booze on an MSC ship??

You do need to give people time to actually answer mate. 2 hours is not exactly like your post is being ignored. 

AFAIK - nope, you can't purchase a bottle of rum or vodka or such from Cellars/Room service  like on a few other lines . There's a few celebration packages that include wine or champagne, that's about it..

You could - instead of a drink package - gift yourself OBC in that amount, then drink away with no limitations - and I'd you use it up, you're good, I'd you don't you get a refund, unlike a drink package where once it's spent it's gone 

Happy sails. 

We were on the Seaside in June and was able to bring booze aboard at almost each port. I bought a bottle and though they would take it until the last day. Instead, it went through the x-ray and they let me keep it. You could try buying a bottle or two at the first port you come to. 

12 hours ago, vacationut said:

We were on the Seaside in June and was able to bring booze aboard at almost each port. I bought a bottle and though they would take it until the last day. Instead, it went through the x-ray and they let me keep it. You could try buying a bottle or two at the first port you come to. 

Everything port and staff is different. One day they let everybody thru, the next they collect everything ...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, copper6606 said:

I am also in a repositioning cruise in April - but it's international. So is the OPs cruise. I would love to hear it was that easy from Europe.

When I could see things on my Canadian booking site, there was no hard liquor to buy, but you could gift yourself wine.  I was also looking at trying to get a bottle on board, but my arrival port is Dubai which means buying in the airport upon arrival, and if they hold it until final port, there is no way I can drink a bottle of 'anything' in the 3 days I have there....hmm unless it was Port, which though fortified, isn't the same.

15 hours ago, vacationut said:

And was this a Caribbean sailing? It seems they are a bit more lenient there.

17 hours ago, vacationut said:

Thanks so much, worth a try 🙂

On 10/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, perakcruiser said:

Everything port and staff is different. One day they let everybody thru, the next they collect everything ...

This is true.  I've even seen where they have a table just past security where they are bagging and tagging alcohol purchased in port for storage until disembarkation but nobody preventing people from just walking past with their bottle and taking it back to the cabin.  We checked ours in at the table because we had a drink package and the bottles were for us to take home anyway.  But we saw plenty of people just walking by with theirs.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just off the Armonia out of Miami and was able to carry liquor back to my room from Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Roatan.  There were no confiscation tables at any of them or Georgetown.  Our excursion was late getting back to the tender that was waiting for us so I didn't have time to shop.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 9:38 PM, vacationut said:

We were on seaside April of last year I bought a 3 pack of rum on grand Cayman only liquor I bought the whole cruise.the liquor store put my name and cabin number and it was delivered to the ship.we got it later.we are not drinkers anyway I purchase as souvenirs.i drank a third of one bottle so far.its been sitting over a year.