First cruise as platinum

smurf1635

On 10/23/2019 at 10:55 AM, BirdTravels said:

Wow. The Platinum plus and platinum benefits are similar. Just a slightly different discounts. Sorry if the small differences annoy you. 

There are NO guarantees on service time. Nothing on the certificate. Nothing on the platinum PLUS flyer. It is just free. The vast majority of time, it is next day service. Sometimes it is same day. On our last cruise on the Joy, it was two day service. That is the first time it has taken two days. We do laundry 3 or 5 times a year on NCL ships. 

Take a look at Ambassador.    40 extra Internet minutes.    😀😀😀😀😀

anyway I’d suggest- turning in laundry by the latest,   The day prior to the cruise end.   

Another first time platinum question 

Can the Haven concierge sign you up for the Behind the Scenes tour or do you have to do it yourself?  Also, can someone using a Rollator walker do the tour or are their steps, excessive walking, etc? 

The last time we did a behind the scenes tour was 20 years ago! 

Thanks

13 hours ago, 17cruisesnsl said:

Another first time platinum question 

Can the Haven concierge sign you up for the Behind the Scenes tour or do you have to do it yourself?  Also, can someone using a Rollator walker do the tour or are their steps, excessive walking, etc? 

The last time we did a behind the scenes tour was 20 years ago! 

Thanks

With the restrictions you state you need to sign up yourself to verify you can be accommodated.    But frankly it usually does involve stairs and long distances.   I doubt you’d be able to get around in some laundries paths that are narrow and turn past carts and machinery.   

@17cruisesnsl - BTS tour involves plenty of walking, front to back of ship, up & down crew stairs (sometimes, depending on the ship) - but, most importantly, you will be standing still in between the 3 "station" stops (typically, theater back stage, laundry operations and gallery/provisioning - walking down "I-95") 

For example, Gem's back stage is small & tight, involved using narrow stairs up to the dressing room & back down - moving at a rather fast pace due to time.  We had someone with mobility issues on that BTS tour of ours, he skipped that segment & waited for the rest of us in the theater ... security and/or a crew member always stay behind, to avoid someone wondering off.  

The only ones that can answer your question is to ask that when booking  your tour - depending on the ship & size of the group, they decide and will tell you whether it's doable or not (passage thru most areas below deck are "doable")  

As for complimentary laundry, our typical expectation is next day service, alerting one's Room Steward to pick up the bag before 12 noon, to have it wash, dry & folded/on hangers and returned by the end of the next day ... never same day services (that's usually rush fee-based service, with an extra fee).  

On 10/23/2019 at 9:11 PM, waterjock said:

I have been on the Escape 4 times as a platinum. I give my laundry bag in the middle of my cruise and get it back within 2 days. As a new platinum I recommend you take the behind the scenes tour. You will see areas that passengers never get to see.

I just turned platinum but my husband is gold.  I know he would get a bigger kick out of the behind-the-scenes tour than me. I wouldn’t be able to let him take my place would I?