First cruise as platinum

smurf1635

Good morning!  We are booked on Escape January 2020.  This is our first cruise as platinum and I have a few questions, if I may?

Do I need to book my dinners on board?  Or can I book using the planner and it will automatically carry over as a platinum perk?

Laundry?  What is the last day I can send out our free bag of laundry?  I understand it is one bag for each of us? I thought at one time I saw some info about writing something on the bag/paperwork to ensure it is well known as a free bag of laundry, what should I say?

TIA,

Robin

19 minutes ago, smurf1635 said:

Good morning!  We are booked on Escape January 2020.  This is our first cruise as platinum and I have a few questions, if I may?

Do I need to book my dinners on board?  Or can I book using the planner and it will automatically carry over as a platinum perk?

Laundry?  What is the last day I can send out our free bag of laundry?  I understand it is one bag for each of us? I thought at one time I saw some info about writing something on the bag/paperwork to ensure it is well known as a free bag of laundry, what should I say?

TIA,

Robin

My upcoming cruise is also first-time platinum.  I booked the restaurants online and assume I can just hand the card or whatever we get for payment.  For the laundry I also read if you don't get it free you have to go to customer service.  I know I did not get a 50% off coupon last cruise like they said I was entitled to but didn't use the service anyhow.  Will be interested to hear if you do get the coupon with your bag or not! 

You can absolutely book you dinner reservations on line. You can also send your laundry any day you like, a coupon will be in your cabin but it is not necessary, just itemize your clothing and write platinum on the slip and bag. The ships laundry know how is platinum and who is not. Enjoy you new status

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dcruiser50 said:

You can absolutely book you dinner reservations on line. You can also send your laundry any day you like, a coupon will be in your cabin but it is not necessary, just itemize your clothing and write platinum on the slip and bag. The ships laundry know how is platinum and who is not. Enjoy you new status

Not exactly. Every ship tends to have its own policies on the laundry situation. Don't assume that the laundry people know you are platinum. Fill out the form with the coupon inserted and the words "Platinum" on the bag and the slip. 

4 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

Related, if I go on a cruise as Gold, and attain Platinum as a result, I have a cruise 4 days later. Will my Gold status auto change to Platinum within that timeframe?

Not on NCL... Carnival bumps you up if you attain a new level, but with Norwegian you will not be rewarded until your next sailing...

1 hour ago, smurf1635 said:

Congratulations on attaining platinum status.

On embarkation day, go to the cruise next desk and sign up for the complimentary behind the scenes tour.  

2786639E-227B-4459-A4E9-31454F46C426.jpeg

8AB63492-1F64-44E3-923C-E43EEF0BB8E2.jpeg

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

That's what I took it to mean.  Sid's correct, in that, if you're continuing on a cruise, you won't attain the next status until the cruise is completed. 

Probably not explaining myself well. After 1st cruise I have sufficient points to move to Platinum. I spend 4 days on land before embarking on another cruise. Will NCL be able to change my status during that 4 day gap. Hope that makes sense. Thanks. 

Edited by podgeandrodge

2 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

Probably not explaining myself well. After 1st cruise I have sufficient points to move to Platinum. I spend 4 days on land before embarking on another cruise. Will NCL be able to change my status during that 4 day gap. Hope that makes sense. Thanks. 

My first answer stands, "Yes", that is plenty of time for the system to do the auto update to your Latitudes status. 

• Like 1

Just now, podgeandrodge said:

Thanks AllReadyToCruise, I misread originally!

No worries. the reason I know this to be true (besides all the other info posted on CC) is b/c we did a B2B and went from Silver > Gold.  Our status was changed by the time we got back on the ship after doing a shorex.  Four days is plenty of time; if you don't have a card/letter in your cabin when you embark just go to Latitudes desk and they'll fix it up for you so you get your free dinners and laundry. 

Notice the post by BT #10. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, zounds said:

Can someone please answer the OP's queation ?  Will we get our laundry back the next day ?  Also, the subject is Platinum,  not Plat. Plus.  thank you.

Wow. The Platinum plus and platinum benefits are similar. Just a slightly different discounts. Sorry if the small differences annoy you. 

There are NO guarantees on service time. Nothing on the certificate. Nothing on the platinum PLUS flyer. It is just free. The vast majority of time, it is next day service. Sometimes it is same day. On our last cruise on the Joy, it was two day service. That is the first time it has taken two days. We do laundry 3 or 5 times a year on NCL ships. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

I have been on the Escape 4 times as a platinum. I give my laundry bag in the middle of my cruise and get it back within 2 days. As a new platinum I recommend you take the behind the scenes tour. You will see areas that passengers never get to see.

• Thanks 1

There are several differences between Plat plus and Platinum. It’s best not to give a false picture of what to expect.

I have used the Laundry service on 8 NCL cruises and its always a 2 day service. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2019 at 9:00 AM, podgeandrodge said:

Related, if I go on a cruise as Gold, and attain Platinum as a result, I have a cruise 4 days later. Will my Gold status auto change to Platinum within that timeframe?

yes but you will need to be updated with Cruise Next.    They will arrange your benefits.    Right now on your 2nd cruise you will be identified as Gold.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2019 at 10:32 AM, podgeandrodge said:

Absolutely.  But likely there will be a delay in updating the ship.    As I already suggested.   If a Platinum benefit card isn’t in your cabin get it from CN.  You have to go there anyway if you want to do the Behind the Scenes.   

• Thanks 1