Earliest boarding for Allure?

drsmith

My Husband and I haven't sailed on Allure since 2016 and I know each ship and each port has it's own way of doing things.  We cruised Mariner of the Seas last week and we boarded the ship at 10:25am.  Actually boarded the ship at that time, having already gone through security and check-in.  

My question is:  What is the earliest we can board Allure of the Seas?  I know the official answer is noon, but when do they really start boarding for Diamond Plus?  We're doing a B2B on December 1 and December 8 sailings.  Also, what is their procedure for ending one cruise and starting another one?  We will be switching from a Boardwalk Balcony on the first cruise to a Central Park Balcony on the second cruise.  Do we get to stay on the ship?  Maybe just ding out and ding right back in?

We really enjoyed the facial recognition equipment at Port Canaveral last week.  Those who had passports just stood on the foot prints and poof, done with customs.  Do they have that in Ft Lauderdale?

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, drsmith said:

What time did you actually board Allure, and what date was it?

Never been on Allure, but all the reporting here seems to indicate 11 AM. Also, you can't go by what happened on any previous sailing, every boarding is unique, all it takes is one straggler and the whole timing could be off.

Edited by Biker19

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Never been on Allure, but all the reporting here seems to indicate 11 AM. Also, you can't go by what happened on any previous sailing, every boarding is unique, all it takes is one straggler and the whole timing could be off.

Thank you for your feedback.  Looking forward to hearing from others who have been through this process first hand.  🙂

The ship will normally issue instructions and have a meeting for B2B guests before you get in.  The usual procedure is you all meet somewhere and you walk of the ship together to be introduced to an official who will glance at best at your passport/ID and then you are free to get back on or go touring.  If you were in a non US port (or even PR) they might give you your new card on the ship and you wouldn't need to get off.  B2Bs are the the last ones off and the first ones on I have found.  As for your room as you are changing it you will need to pack everything not on a hanger and the crew should move it all for you, you will have access to your room before the 1-1.30 opening.  Oh and yes they usually start boarding about 11, it just depends on how good they are at getting people off etc.

• Like 1

We were on Allure two weeks ago. We arrived at 10:25 and it took about 10 minutes to go through Security and do check-in at the counter. By the time we headed upstairs, boarding had already started. Getting off the ship was great, they now have facial recognition like the Miami terminal, so it was very fast. 

• Like 1

Last week was similar as well.  Dropped the family off at check-in at 10:00am, then headed to Alamo to drop off the rental.  By the time I got back on the shuttle and through check-in (~30 minutes later) they were already on-board.

I also was impressed that they have managed to make what was already a smooth disembarking process even smoother with the facial recognition.  Did self-assist and set out from Cafe Promenade about 7:15.  The initial mad rush was over so we were able to walk straight through everything with no lines and were past security at FLL by 7:45.   Longest "delay" was waiting for the elevator down to customs since they wouldn't let us take big suitcases down the escalator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nalatrixie74 said:

What does facial recognition do? Also, we don't want to self disembark, but want to get off at a decent time, (10:40 flight). I know they no longer ask your flight times, can we just go when ready or must we wait for our group to be called off?

You should not go before your group is called, but you can go anytime after.

• Thanks 1