Epic still very nice

Minoushka

We were also on the Epic this summer for the western med cruise Barcelona-Barcelona.  To the original poster it's too bad that you weren't able to get off and explore Barcelona due to the protests.  Barcelona was actually our favorite of the entire itinerary.  We stayed there for several days both before and after our cruise and we look forward to going back to Barcelona again soon.  Hopefully you'll be able to get there someday.

The Epic was certainly not the most attractive ship with the giant forehead but we found it to be quite enjoyable overall.  The food was great and the shows were excellent.  The cabins were a bit odd with the curved walls and the split bathroom arrangement but it was such a port intensive itinerary that we didn't spend much time in the rooms. That being said, I think the Epic is in need for a dry dock refurbishment soon because the carpet was peeling up in the corners and the countertops were chipped and peeling in our cabins.  On the other hand, the public areas all looked fine.  While some of the newer ships may overshadow the Epic, I certainly wouldn't mind sailing on her again for the right itinerary.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2019 at 8:55 PM, blueslily said:

Yes, I wondered about the bed length for people taller than me because even as a shorty, I felt the end of the mattress. But, the  Bed shape in my cabin seemed rather standard though.

Did you pull the bed away from the wall? They are not as short if you put the top edge of the bed at the edge of the headboard rather than under it. I loved the Epic.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:38 PM, blueslily said:

Thanks, I tried that one also. 

Freedom was the song they used back in 2016-17.  Lately, they have been using a variation of Andy Grammer's Good To Be Alive as their main anthem.

6 hours ago, timf2001 said:

Freedom was the song they used back in 2016-17.  Lately, they have been using a variation of Andy Grammer's Good To Be Alive as their main anthem.

Thanks everyone. That is the song in the current commercials. I am asking about the song played on the ship during the cruise. It is not the same as the commercial anthem songs. No worries. I have video and will show family and friends this wknd to get help identifying the song. Most of the lyrics are not in English. I think it's a Pitbull song. Thanks everyone.

I found it!  The song is Echa Pa'lla (Manos Pa'rriba) . The song is not in English so I really don't know what he is saying, but it sounds fun and they played it a lot on the ship pool deck. It was part if the farewell for Barcelona and Rome.