Best way to book a corporate group

JDoyscher

I am working on planning a cruise for a corporate meeting for the company I work for. It's 25 cabins and one full day of meeting space. I've picked the date (Jan 2020) and the itinerary is 3 nights to Mexico from Long Beach on the Inspiration.

I've been working directly with Carnival's meetings group. Is there a more cost effective/efficient way to do this? Also, any tips and tricks for meetings on a ship? (I plan LOTS of large meetings for up to 300 people in hotels/other venues but never on a ship.) I know these CC boards are super helpful and someone will have great advice. Any input is appreciated!

Just now, cruizergal70 said:

I'm confused.  January is less than 90 days away. What costs are you trying to cut for such a group?

Not necessarily trying to cut costs. Wondering if there are more efficient options or perks for maybe using a travel agent or...? I know with personal cruising you get different things going different routes so I'm making sure I have my bases covered.

4 hours ago, JDoyscher said:

I am working on planning a cruise for a corporate meeting for the company I work for. It's 25 cabins and one full day of meeting space. I've picked the date (Jan 2020) and the itinerary is 3 nights to Mexico from Long Beach on the Inspiration.

I've been working directly with Carnival's meetings group. Is there a more cost effective/efficient way to do this? Also, any tips and tricks for meetings on a ship? (I plan LOTS of large meetings for up to 300 people in hotels/other venues but never on a ship.) I know these CC boards are super helpful and someone will have great advice. Any input is appreciated!

Have you confirmed space available??? Carnivals meeting folks are your best bet this close to sail date. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

This close to sail date, there may not even be 25 cabins available.

They have confirmed that they have the 25 cabins as well as meeting space available. They are being held until 10/31 when deposits are due for the group.

Your Carnival Fun/Amenity points, for booking a group, should help with some of the things you can get for free or at a discount. I am sure your Carnival group agent has discussed this with you...if not ASK. If you have the meeting space, Carnival will be able to arrange refreshments to be provided during your meeting. I would also ask Carnival about adding any event/meeting time to the Fun Times to keep your employees more informed. There is also the Hub App that you can get the chat feature on (for 5.00 per phone) that will allow you to send messages out about meeting times and events...just as reminders. You can speak with the Carnival Event planning department to help you plan events outside of your meetings, ie parties, scavenger hunts, dinner arrangements, etc.