Best sale to catch for the Classic California Coast ? Grand Princess ship

ellen4641

It is always best to book when you decide you want to take a cruise for cabin selection, location, and cabin. 

Make sure you book with a refundable deposit.  That way you can continue to look for sales that may be cheaper.  Also when there is a sale, make sure there is a refundable deposit on that cruise as well. If you don't see it, call.  There are times the non refundable cruise is slightly less than the refundable one.

We always book whenever we decide we want to go on a cruise, we assume it can be as expensive as the day we booked, or better.  We've been lucky, some cruises we never refare, some we do once, some we do many times. It just depends. 

So book now and keep an eye out for a better fare. 

I found some deals, thru this Cruise Critic page,  but the deposit is NON refundable.   Cuz, it states that it's a special promotion.    We can always  try calling Princess, like u suggested jennybenny!
$619 for interior cabin.   

$686 for oceanview.   Obstructed views.

Those are the starting prices.   How "OBSTRUCTED" are those views ?   Hope one can at least see SOME ocean  ;)!

Edited by ellen4641
I spelled jennybenny wrong, the first time

12 hours ago, ellen4641 said:

Hi, 
My sis & I are aiming for the March 22nd departure, out of San Francisco.

What is the best sale offer to try to catch ??   We'll most like go for the interior room, or oceanview.

Thanks in advance 🙂

If there is a special running you can also check out cruise compete . com to put in your itinerary, room type and all that to get some bids from TAs. Those fares will include any current promotion plus the TA will offer on board credit as more incentive to book through them. You’ll be able to ask any questions you may have with the TA plus you then have someone that can help work out any price changes/adjustments that could pop up.  You aren’t required to book anything through them if you don’t like what you see. Then you can compare prices to what Princess is offering and what the TA has access to. 

We run any possible cruise through there to see what offers we could get. 

• Like 2

All good advice. As for interior and OV. Our favorite cabins on Grand class ships is deck 5 mid/forward. These rooms put you smack dab in the middle of the action providing easy access to the Plazza features. Higher category rooms elsewhere on the ship will have you walking long boring halls. 

• Like 1

Your cruise date is included in the current Great Escapes Sale (non refundable deposit) that ends on 10/31/19 .

That sailing is not included in the next Sale , Anniversary Sale, which begins on 11/01/19 .

Better book now if you really wish to cruise.

You may have already missed the better deals by waiting .

9 hours ago, MCC retired said:

Your cruise date is included in the current Great Escapes Sale (non refundable deposit) that ends on 10/31/19 .

That sailing is not included in the next Sale , Anniversary Sale, which begins on 11/01/19 .

Better book now if you really wish to cruise.

You may have already missed the better deals by waiting .

Real good & important info !!!  THX !!!

10 hours ago, masterty said:

All good advice. As for interior and OV. Our favorite cabins on Grand class ships is deck 5 mid/forward. These rooms put you smack dab in the middle of the action providing easy access to the Plazza features. Higher category rooms elsewhere on the ship will have you walking long boring halls. 

Very  good to know !!!!  🙂  Deck 5, mid /forward !!    Yep, as much as I like WALKING,  I'd rather not walk down long , boring halls !    And, probably narrow halls, too, of course !

UPDATE :  My sis just booked us , thru the Princess website ,  for Deck 12, right by the POOL & BUFFET  :)!
And, we got that GREAT ESCAPES sale !!  🙂  ❤️   (72 hour courtesy hold  :)!
She's gonna head to Costco, just to see if they are able to offer any additional perks, if booked thru them.

Thx much , Princess peeps, for all your assistance !!   And, of course, it's always neat to hear more TIPS !