The Azamazing Journey from Barcelona to Miami (by way of Guyana) 2019

need2bespoiled

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Is the interactive TV for food ordering not working on Journey?

Phil

1 hour ago, uktog said:

It is. That’s what we are using no problem 

it’s pretty limited. No discovery menu and what Dee wanted yesterday was chicken soup, ginger and cracker and some sea sickness medication.  All easily available with a quick call. None available by TV. 

Rob gave me an email address but even though I sent an email to the correct address they never received it. Heiki sent me an email so now they are receiving mine. Hopefully this helps. 

It’s still not easy when you change a dinner reservation 3 times in a day as friend join in or you’d like a latte delivered or maybe would like to see the menu for the evening in discoveries. Things a quick a quick call to our butler previously provided. 

Happy sailing,

Jenna

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I am still eagerly waiting for the source (MD or FL) of the $12 Whispering Angel wine???

I know nothing about the white wine you are showing.

Seeing how there has been no Whispering Angel offered to me, and it’s a Rose as far as I can tell, not a bold full bodied red or oaky white that we drink. 

Here it is for 28 Canadian. Less than $22 USD at the first place that came up on Vivino. 

5B25A82C-52DE-482A-A9A3-D6EF53480A56.thumb.jpeg.85f82564d900f122c42ad9438af3676e.jpeg

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

1 hour ago, need2bespoiled said:

Seeing how there has been no Whispering Angel offered to me, and it’s a Rose as far as I can tell, not a bold full bodied red or oaky white that we drink. 

Here it is for 28 Canadian. Less than $22 USD at the first place that came up on Vivino. 

5B25A82C-52DE-482A-A9A3-D6EF53480A56.thumb.jpeg.85f82564d900f122c42ad9438af3676e.jpeg

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Looks like either $14.79 or less than $18 at Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale, depending upon which one they're talking about.  

https://www.totalwine.com/wine/rose-blush-wine/cinsault/chateau-desclans-the-palm-whispering-angel/p/213885750?s=904&igrules=true

https://www.totalwine.com/wine/rose-blush-wine/rhone-blend/chateau-desclans-whispering-angel-rose/p/107869750

Edited by JMB27

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I doubt you will be able to take any whispering angel home I will have drunk the ship dry of it 😉 

OK, a question...my DW isn't a wine buff, preferring Rose but most ships have Beringer White Zinfandel and she is fine with that! Is this one better? If so, will def both upgrade to Ultimate as it has a much better selection of Red wines and my fav after dinner liquers like Drambuie and Grand Marnier.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Sorry, especially for me, not the same.   I will have to get my fill onboard.   The label onboard is different as it says “Sacha Lichine” and its 2018.   We will be taking a bottle home.   It does not taste like a Rose as it is dry.

Great news!  Research shows that the 2018 is the cheapest vintage available, and you can get it for less than $17/bottle at a variety of places.  I'm going to check this out, too - I do love a good dry Rosé.  Happy to hear there's a nice one onboard.

Edited by JMB27

Just now, hamrag said:

OK, a question...my DW isn't a wine buff, preferring Rose but most ships have Beringer White Zinfandel and she is fine with that! Is this one better? If so, will def both upgrade to Ultimate as it has a much better selection of Red wines and my fav after dinner liquers like Drambuie and Grand Marnier.

Thanks.

It’s a matter of taste. I prefer it. One option  get the waiter to give her a small pour explain you are thinking of buying a package 

• Thanks 1

All the sources above still don’t show the one currently served onboard.   Sad it won’t be available in the future.   We have held one bottle back in our suite because they ran out of it on our April cruise on the Journey.

At least we can now say the the Ultimate package wines are not available stateside for $12 a bottle.   You may not like what is offered but it does include some good wines.

Jenna, I just stumbled on your thread and got caught up.  Another great critique of yours that I have been waiting patiently for.  Your photos and descriptions are wonderful.  Did any of you have an opportunity to hold one of the apes?  I did and he was a hoot.  Enjoy the rest of your “Journey.”  😉

Paul

14 hours ago, summit011604 said:

Jenna, I just stumbled on your thread and got caught up.  Another great critique of yours that I have been waiting patiently for.  Your photos and descriptions are wonderful.  Did any of you have an opportunity to hold one of the apes?  I did and he was a hoot.  Enjoy the rest of your “Journey.”  😉

Paul

Thanks!

i’ve been enjoying our sea days and time with friends so I’m almost 2 weeks behind but I have lots of pics and stories to share, starting tomorrow as I get caught up on work and this log once I have “real” internet. 

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Honey, I'm home, well, not quite home and now that I've dealt with a few emergencies I had here in FL, I am going to try and get back to this, if some are interested, though clearly a few aren't, but i guess they can just unsubscribe? I have a perspective to share and will try and do that. I head home to Maine and snow tomorrow, very big yuck. I still don't have great internet but it is better than on the ship and I will try and "Chip" away at the next 11 days of cruising, because, well, that's why we're all here, right?

Where were we anyway?  The day after Gibraltar was a sea day, Thursday, 11th of November. The day started for me with a spin class, and then on to an engine room tour, off to the pool, progressive trivia, lunch at the Patio, more pool, massage, relax before dinner, eat myself into oblivion.  Is there a cruise where anyone goes hungry?  Pretty much how much of the cruise went, with only a few days to break up the excellent monotony that vacation for me should be, as I get my fair share of excitement when I am on the road working.

Here is the program for 11/9.
IMG_4868(1).thumb.jpg.ed1f1930fa936fbb479f5dcbf9bab422.jpg

We had many wonderful sunrises off the aft deck.

IMG_4869(1).thumb.jpg.c3669ce2b31b1b41bf5d76e4b7249e1e.jpg

Engine control room tour was on of the better ones I've been on. The chief engineer has been on Journey's ship for a while, but he opened these as R class ship years ago and was asked to come back for his knowledge after a few years on Celebrity.
IMG_4877(1).thumb.jpg.66993265de104ae0102de69692bc32f4.jpg

How can you not enjoy this view?
IMG_4878(1).thumb.jpg.90b342b8837d3814bf9fc6233f49573b.jpg

I could even occasionally spy a great sunset.
IMG_4879(1).thumb.jpg.2420c60ceb77e27d5c0e1f57b5a07a33.jpg

We received notification that water on the entire ship would be off from 12:30-3:30a I believe.  Maybe the timing can be confirmed on the other thread?

The next day would bring Funchal, and another surprise tour by Dee.

Happy sailing,
Jenna

• Like 4

Glad you're back!  I don't understand the negativity by some, and I greatly appreciate your thread.  I'll be on my first Azamara cruise in 2.5 weeks (on Journey) and am soaking up as much info as possible, and you've been a great resource for that!  

Gorgeous pics above (and upright, even!).  Looking forward to the rest.

Edited by JMB27
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JMB27 said:

Glad you're back!  I don't understand the negativity by some, and I greatly appreciate your thread.  I'll be on my first Azamara cruise in 2.5 weeks (on Journey) and am soaking up as much info as possible, and you've been a great resource for that!  

Gorgeous pics above (and upright, even!).  Looking forward to the rest.

Since everything is now in the cloud, and on my computer, I now can post pictures properly.  I hope to be done before you leave 🙂

Happy sailling,
Jenna

1 minute ago, need2bespoiled said:

Since everything is now in the cloud, and on my computer, I now can post pictures properly.  I hope to be done before you leave 🙂

Happy sailling,
Jenna

Oh, did you have trouble with the pics before?  I thought you'd always had them upright and therefore hope that didn't come out as a criticism, as I knew a lot of people had had trouble with them.  🙂  

7 minutes ago, JMB27 said:

Oh, did you have trouble with the pics before?  I thought you'd always had them upright and therefore hope that didn't come out as a criticism, as I knew a lot of people had had trouble with them.  🙂  

No criticism at all.  Cruise Critic and pics were giving me fits!  I did the best that it allowed.  I wish I could go back and fix it 😞

Happy sailing,

Jenna

• Like 1

Dearest Jenna & Darlene:  We loved sailing with you and also sharing your special moment on board.  We had a nice group of friends, didn't we?  It will be a memorable passage for us.

Hello now from Florida as we complete our travels and prepare for a family Thanksgiving.  Back to California on Saturday.  Rainy there, and that is a good thing!