Best way to make dinner reservations on Bliss?

melodyesch

We just booked the Bliss 14 night Southern Carribean leaving NYC on 1/19.  Since we're 86 days out, the dining has been severely picked over.  No reservations are left for Cagney's and we'd like to eat there at least twice on our dining package.  So what is the best way to make dining reservations once on board on arrival day?   We like to eat early so I'd like to see if I can get in right away.

Can you make reservations from the NCl app on board?  Is it still called iConcierge?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, melodyesch said:

We just booked the Bliss 14 night Southern Carribean leaving NYC on 1/19.  Since we're 86 days out, the dining has been severely picked over.  No reservations are left for Cagney's and we'd like to eat there at least twice on our dining package.  So what is the best way to make dining reservations once on board on arrival day?   We like to eat early so I'd like to see if I can get in right away.

Can you make reservations from the NCl app on board?  Is it still called iConcierge?

Thanks!

When you Check-in, get a copy of the ship's map and Welcome Aboard information. 

As soon as you embark, take care of your entertainment reservations. The Welcome Aboard sheet will tell you where to book your shows. On most big ships, it is the Theater box office (Deck 7, Forward, Starboard entrance to the theater). When we were on the Bliss to Alaska, it was being done in an alternate location on embarkation day. Book comedy shows (early shows are family oriented, late shows 18+), main theater shows, escape rooms, Canvas By U painting, laser tag, and go karts. 

Once you have all of your entertainment finalized, go immediately to the Dining Reservation Desk (on most big ships, this is in The Social, Deck 6, Midship).  

Book your dining reservations around the entertainment you just finalized. The ship holds tables for onboard bookings. 

Do not delay, do this as soon as you embark. When we were on the Bliss, Cagney's was sold out all days all times by 1 pm on embarkation day. That being said, you are on a long cruise and the demand for specialty dining should be significantly less. 

Thanks for the responses.  I was able to book all but one show that I wanted already.  So I'll do that first.   Then I'll try the kiosks.  Hopefully, like Two Wheels Only suggested, I'll be able to book while still in the terminal if I can connect to WIFI.  We signed up for a 10 -10:30 arrival so hopefully we can get on the ship before a lot of the masses.  We're Gold status so nothing special in terms of boarding.  Last time the priority line was longer than general boarding.

Thanks!

59 minutes ago, stephenecs said:

See if there is a line at the elevator touchscreen kiosks.  If no line this is the fastest.

If you have more than one cabin it can be a hassle though 

Why? You can book for as many people as you like, not just those in your cabin. For entertainment you can just book for those in your cabin.

There are kiosks on every floor by the elevators so if one is busy go to the next floor. Make sure you have your key card with you as you will need to click it into the slot on the bottom of the screen to make reservations. You can also check the nightly menus for all dining options which was nice for us to decide if we wanted go to the MDR or try a specialty restaurant.

11 hours ago, melodyesch said:

Thanks for the responses.  I was able to book all but one show that I wanted already.  So I'll do that first.   Then I'll try the kiosks.  Hopefully, like Two Wheels Only suggested, I'll be able to book while still in the terminal if I can connect to WIFI.  We signed up for a 10 -10:30 arrival so hopefully we can get on the ship before a lot of the masses.  We're Gold status so nothing special in terms of boarding.  Last time the priority line was longer than general boarding. Thanks!

Priority boarding will start before 11:00. General boarding will start before 11:30. For your app to work, the ship has to get to a zero count and switch over to the new cruise. Otherwise you won't be able to register your device on the network. And you have to pretty much have to be smashed up against the window to try and catch a signal. It is a lot easier to take care of things once you are on board.