Shore Excursion Pre Cruise Deal vs % off?

danny8826

Hi,

In the past when I log into my booking and looking at shore excursions, I seem to remember that they give a % off for excursions, but now when I log into my booking I see "Pre Cruise Deal".  Are they not doing the % off anymore or am I too early?  M sailing is next May.

Thank you,

Danny

51 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

Hi,

In the past when I log into my booking and looking at shore excursions, I seem to remember that they give a % off for excursions, but now when I log into my booking I see "Pre Cruise Deal".  Are they not doing the % off anymore or am I too early?  M sailing is next May.

Thank you,

Danny

Ignore any "percent off" numbers touted by Royal, they are meaningless.  Just look at the bottom line price.

Book when you see a price you like (at the moment the 25% off is higher than yesterday's Precruise Deal on my next cruise).  Keep watching your excursions in the Order History tab and cancel and rebook if price goes down.  Will take a few days to get your money back on the cancel.  Prices can change multiple times a day.

4 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Book when you see a price you like (at the moment the 25% off is higher than yesterday's Precruise Deal on my next cruise).  Keep watching your excursions in the Order History tab and cancel and rebook if price goes down.  Will take a few days to get your money back on the cancel.  Prices can change multiple times a day.

If booked using "credit" (I think it's OBC but applies) as well as credit card, do you get the (onboard) credit back?

I'm mostly interested in how it applies to the drink package, but it is likely the same?

Just now, Blitzburggirl said:

If booked using "credit" (I think it's OBC but applies) as well as credit card, do you get the (onboard) credit back?

I'm mostly interested in how it applies to the drink package, but it is likely the same?

The OBC will be refunded immediately and you will be able to re-use it.  The credit card refund portion takes a couple of days to process.

20 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Thank you.