2021 European Cruises...?

WoodstockGirl

I am new to Celebrity Cruises; we usually cruise on Princess. However, we are looking at different itineraries for Med Cruises that include Dubrovnik as a port, and are considering other cruise lines besides Princess. 

When I go to the Celebrity page and try to see "2021" options from the drop down menu under "Departure Dates" at the top, it will only show me "2020" when I've also picked Europe as my destination.  But, 2021 shows up if I want to choose other destinations besides Europe. Is this normal for Celebrity to not post the European cruises at this point in time?  It doesn't seem that far off to me. And other destinations are showing for 2021.  Am I doing something wrong using their website? Is there a trick for getting to see the European 2021 sailings now?

1 minute ago, WoodstockGirl said:

I am new to Celebrity Cruises; we usually cruise on Princess. However, we are looking at different itineraries for Med Cruises that include Dubrovnik as a port, and are considering other cruise lines besides Princess. 

When I go to the Celebrity page and try to see "2021" options from the drop down menu under "Departure Dates" at the top, it will only show me "2020" when I've also picked Europe as my destination.  But, 2021 shows up if I want to choose other destinations besides Europe. Is this normal for Celebrity to not post the European cruises at this point in time?  It doesn't seem that far off to me. And other destinations are showing for 2021.  Am I doing something wrong using their website? Is there a trick for getting to see the European 2021 sailings now?

The European sailings for 2021 have not been released yet which is why you can't find them. They should be released on or around November 26.

9 minutes ago, WoodstockGirl said:

Very good to know!

Thanks!

We did Dubrovnik this past summer while on Infinity and my only advice would be to try and find a sailing that has you in port with as few other ships as possible. This is definitely an amazing stop, but it has been somewhat ruined by over tourism thanks to Game of Thrones. 🙂 

1 minute ago, prim8keeper said:

We did Dubrovnik this past summer while on Infinity and my only advice would be to try and find a sailing that has you in port with as few other ships as possible. This is definitely an amazing stop, but it has been somewhat ruined by over tourism thanks to Game of Thrones. 🙂 

Totally agree about finding a light port load, although overcrowding at Dubrovnik started even before Game of Thrones.  We first visited there in 2001 and absolutely loved the stop.  We next visited in 2012 and couldn't wait to get out of there.  3 big ships in port and an absolute madhouse.  Couldn't walk the walls due to the crowds, restaurants slammed, cruisers everywhere.  Imagine it is even worse now.  Split, if available, is a great Croatian port.

I am responding while on the Celebrity Constellation on a B2B2B.   We visited Dubrovnik twice while on this present set of cruises.  During both port calls there were dramatically more visitors than when we were last there in 2015. Two ships in port each time, but there also seemed to be land (motor coach) tours.  

Between the three cruises we had port calls at five  Croatian ports, include Split.  Even though Split has a GofT connection it didn't seem to be as overwhelmed.  

This series also included two port calls at Kotor, Montenegro, which we had last visited also in 2015.  Even though two ships were also in port both times, Kotor didn't seem to be as impacted.

While on the Constellation I asked a future cruise salesman about the 2021 Europe deployment schedule release.  Her response was late November or early December.

1 hour ago, WoodstockGirl said:

I copied this from a different thread

2021.png.63577a78c9708e05634db0473e68c41e.png