Embarkation day...and luggage

modernmind

I'm booked on my first Princess Cruise in December. My embarkation port is Sydney. Let's say my time to show up for boarding is 3:00pm. Can I drop on ticketed luggage off early at lets say 9:00am and come back later at 2:30pm for my actual boarding? I wish to go and get some soda and water and wouldn't have enough arms with the two additional suitcases being dragged around.

I'm going to assume that you're flying in at least a day before.  We've asked our hotel in Rio if they can hold our bags while we go to lunch, cab it back to the hotel, grab the bags and head to the ship.

Yes you can drop you luggage early, we usually stay at the Holiday Inn the Rocks the night before and the Overseas Passenger Terminal is over the road, I usually get up early to watch the ship arrive, and see them setting up to take luggage around 7:30 or 8:00. Of course your carry on you will need to lug with you.

• Like 1

If you're buying packs of water and soda take some extra luggage labels and some tape in your carry-on. Then you can just tape the labels onto the water/soda packs and hand those in ar the baggage drop to be delivered to your cabin.

Also you'll probably be able to start checking-in and boarding from 11-11:30am.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Assuming of course you are sailing from the OPT, if you embark at White Bay, it’s not so practical as it is in the middle of nowhere.

Yes, you'd need a taxi to go up to the Balmain shops from White Bay.