Premium Plus Experience Feedback

purpleally

NCL Changed their beverage packages sometime between the summer and fall.  Those who had the old packages were given the PPB as a subsitute.  At least this is what happened to us on the Sky booked Nov of 18 sailed this past October.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aero777 said:

On the Encore now, they have charged us for every bottle of Veuve Clique even tho we have the PPB. They say it’s no longer by the bottle on the PPB!?!

Have they changed the list of 20 bottles of wine that are included with the Premium Plus Beverage Package?  Veuve Cliquot was certainly on the list when we were on the Bliss.    I would go to one of the restaurants that has the menu showing the included wines and if Veuve Cliquot is still on the list go to guest services to get your bill corrected.  If guest services can't fix it talk to the Food and Beverage manager.

This Beverage Package flyer for the Premium Plus Beverage Package is from NCL's website.  Veuve Cliquot is listed as included.  At the restaurants they had a menu where the included wines had a * next to the name.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

Edited by kjquilts

I was on the Getaway in the Baltic this summer.  For me it was 100% worth it.  I was able to get two of the largest size Starbucks coffee each morning, one for me and one for my wife (she was booked in a separate room since we are a family of 5) and another two in the afternoon or evening.  I am a bourbon drinker and I enjoyed drinking the top shelf bourbon and whiskey every day, maybe one or two per day.  At dinner we ordered one, or sometimes two, bottles of wine.  I would then enjoy a VSOP or two after dinner.  We also had bottles of sparkling water for dinner every night and had unlimited bottled water, that we took off of the ship at every port.  I must have been one of the only ones to have the package and/or one of the first that they have seen since they frequently had to verify that almost anything that they served on the ship in liquid form was included.  The bartenders got to know me and would just pour me drinks that I had not requested, thinking that I may like it.

I did not find myself trying to drink more to keep up with the package.  It had the opposite effect.  I felt as though I could have fewer high quality drinks per day, and get my daily Starbucks, instead of more low quality drinks to try and hit the daily amount that you need to hit to break even.  I enjoyed not having to look at the price on the menu to see if something that I really wanted to try was covered by my package.  I will be sailing on the Encore on the 24th and will definitely be upgrading.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Have they changed the list of 20 bottles of wine that are included with the Premium Plus Beverage Package?  Veuve Cliquot was certainly on the list when we were on the Bliss.    I would go to one of the restaurants that has the menu showing the included wines and if Veuve Cliquot is still on the list go to guest services to get your bill corrected.  If guest services can't fix it talk to the Food and Beverage manager.

This Beverage Package flyer for the Premium Plus Beverage Package is from NCL's website.  Veuve Cliquot is listed as included.  At the restaurants they had a menu where the included wines had a * next to the name.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

If I sign up and pay before sailing and that list is on their website I expect them to honor it!

Would love to hear what everyone else is currently experiencing 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, purpleally said:

If I sign up and pay before sailing and that list is on their website I expect them to honor it!

Would love to hear what everyone else is currently experiencing 

Certainly still showing Veuve on my upgrade offer on the website.
Still not sure if it’s worth it to me as a solo. Yes I like fresh OJ, speciality coffee but not Starbucks, water, and champagne (but couldn’t drink a bottle! Well I could but probably wouldn’t on a cruise 😂). 
I am also playing the poker tourney and have tours for each of the port days .... so don’t think it would be worth it really.

6 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

Certainly still showing Veuve on my upgrade offer on the website.
Still not sure if it’s worth it to me as a solo. Yes I like fresh OJ, speciality coffee but not Starbucks, water, and champagne (but couldn’t drink a bottle! Well I could but probably wouldn’t on a cruise 😂). 
I am also playing the poker tourney and have tours for each of the port days .... so don’t think it would be worth it really.

Thank you ... I just looked at my booked cruise on the Sun for May 21, 2020 and also have the upgrade beverage package offer to Premium Plus Beverage.  The attached flyer is the same one I attached in post #34 above and as you say Veuve is still being shown as included.   Hopefully Aero777 will take it up with the powers that be on the Encore and have their billing account corrected if they do have the Premium Plus Beverage package and are being charged for the Veuve.

We bought the PPBP on the six night Bliss Pacific Coastal and really enjoyed it.  Our next cruise is an 11 night Alaska on the Sun with a great itinerary and I haven't decided about spending an extra $34.80 per person to upgrade the beverage package.  We really loved it but that's a lot of $$. 

Just bought the premium package for our cruise 12/1. If they are not honoring Vueve, which is clearly listed on the flyer, I'll be asking for a refund of my upgraded package, pre-cruise. I'll buy a case of water and save 775$ or thereabouts. #DealBreaker

Edited by AlexandNessa
Autocorrect

On 11/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, ejnsb said:

We had it on the Epic in September.   Two other couples dining with us had the regular package.    We ordered Veuve Cliquot every night at dinner.  A total of 13 bottles over 6 dinners.  They didn't care that the others at our table didn't have the PPB.  They just asked how many glasses.  Also ordered several bottles of red (don't remember what kind).  Used it every morning for fresh oj, numerous times for specialty coffee drinks in the Atrium (which was the only bar outside the dining rooms serving Veuve). Also ended my nights trying various single malt scotches including Macallan 25.  Well worth it for us.  Plus, we probably got 50-60 bottles of water, enabling each couple to take some back to their cabin. 

Did I misread this post or does it say Macallan 25? I sure hope that wasn’t a misquote because I had my hopes up for upgrading on my next cruise in January. I planned on getting my money’s worth at the Haven bar.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, ejnsb said:

We had it on the Epic in September.   Two other couples dining with us had the regular package.    We ordered Veuve Cliquot every night at dinner.  A total of 13 bottles over 6 dinners.  They didn't care that the others at our table didn't have the PPB.  They just asked how many glasses.  Also ordered several bottles of red (don't remember what kind).  Used it every morning for fresh oj, numerous times for specialty coffee drinks in the Atrium (which was the only bar outside the dining rooms serving Veuve). Also ended my nights trying various single malt scotches including Macallan 25.  Well worth it for us.  Plus, we probably got 50-60 bottles of water, enabling each couple to take some back to their cabin. 

Did I misread this post or does it say Macallan 25? I sure hope that wasn’t a misquote because I had my hopes up for upgrading on my next cruise in January. I planned on getting my money’s worth at the Haven bar.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:02 AM, calizona said:

NCL Changed their beverage packages sometime between the summer and fall.  Those who had the old packages were given the PPB as a subsitute.  At least this is what happened to us on the Sky booked Nov of 18 sailed this past October.

I hope this works for us to try. Booked since Sept 2018😃

17 hours ago, aero777 said:

On the Encore now, they have charged us for every bottle of Veuve Clique even tho we have the PPB. They say it’s no longer by the bottle on the PPB!?!

From a recent photo of the bar menu, the Veuve Clicquot was 34.95 a glass - perhaps since the cruise originated in the UK that tax is included putting the price above 35.00 - and perhaps the crew is confused by this????  Anyone on the Encore have a restaurant bear menu?

9 hours ago, Aqualung22 said:

The bar in Maltings had a bottle.

Great thread, I'm on the 9 day Baltic cruise next summer so the upgrade price is $320 or somewhere there per person. All bets are off if Veuve gets taken off, but if it's still available and Macallan 25 is available then I might have to just splurge for the upgrade. I'll wait it out and see closer to sail date what gets removed/added. 

The Vueve thing ticked me off as I'll have been off sugar for 6 weeks in prep for this cruise. 😆

I asked for corroboration on a different venue. We have conflicting accounts, so I'm going to let the dust settle and consider Encore is perhaps having some growing pains on her inaugural. 

Screenshot_20191105-090815_Facebook.jpg.aeb1592a4f57c203e90b20881ffb11cf.jpg

30 minutes ago, JustAPilot said:

I think the question is more in regards to are bottles of Veuve still included. Ordering a glass of flat champagne from an opened bottle at the bar is not worth the upcharge. 

I’m with you on that. I’m enjoying this thread, mostly. Some of the answers are troubling. Hopefully, people will continue to comment on their actual experiences. We don’t sail until end of February. Flat champagne by the glass is a deal breaker

• Like 1