Regent keeping double penalty: Advice Needed

JVNYC

Wanted to get your advice on an issue I'm having.  We booked a 2021 cruise and decided to move it to 2020.  The deposit was transferred and they took $200 off the deposit and applied a future cruise credit.  I found it strange they would penalize for a transfer.

We are now unable to take the 2020 cruise due to a work engagement so we cancelled.  Regent is now keeping $200 per person penalty.  They advised that transferring a deposit to a new booking is a cancellation. 

Seriously.....I feel this is sneaky.  In my opinion, a transferred deposit is not a refund or a cancellation.  I'm happy to honor the $100 per person penalty but feel doubling that isn't right. 

What do you think?  Am I wrong? 

Glad this worked out.  Still being in the workforce, we’ve had to move some booked cruises in the past (and actually have one booked we’re probably going to need to shift out)...and I don’t think we’ve ever had a problem with.

Sometimes when you’re dealing with Miami you just gotta be the squeaky wheel.   😜

Things happen, you just need to get it worked out.  I had a problem on a cruise that we booked and the cruise changed, we had a choice to cancel or stay on.  It didn't seem fair to me what Regent was doing-----however after a few e-mails to management it all got taken care of-----Regents fault, "NO"--my miss understanding of what was stated in the letter and the invoice we had.  So it was a fair deal, just stated a little wrong.  So I saying don't get up set until you know all the facts and why.

• Like 1