Transatlantic on the Sky - Port Questions

Denmal

We embark on the Sky for our Transatlantic on 11/17 for 14 days back to FLL.  Several ports we do not have tours booked and are wondering about a few things:

1. Valencia Spain - Does Princess offer a free shuttle or pay shuttle into town? or should we walk   - What sites are not to miss ?  We like churches and markets

2. Malaga Spain - Looks like we might be able to walk into town here.  This day happens to be my birthday - any suggestions for a nice place to have lunch to celebrate ?

3. Cadiz/Seville - Look like we dock in Cadiz - Seville looks to be a good distance away - Our thought was to stay in Cadiz and enjoy the sites - suggestions on what to see 

Thanks

We've only been to Malaga out of those 3.  But I did enjoy it.  Many pax choose to make the "trek" to Alhambra (it's at least 1.5 hr each way), but never having been to Malaga, we chose to stay in town.  Among the highlights of my walk around town:  Alcazaba (fortress dating to the 14th or 15th century), nearby Roman Theater, and beautiful Gothic cathedral downtown.  There is also a Picasso museum, but I didn't visit it.  I had lunch at a local place and enjoyed that.

Cadiz is a close to the port within walking distance, the last time we where there literally across the road.

You can see the cathedral from the ship easy to walk to.

very old town close buildings not much room for cars if ,some old  churches more a walking town ...

There is a HOHO that goes around the city but not inside the city centre.

A very enjoyable port plenty of coffee shops ect very european mixed with history...

Always enjoy going there. 

Valencia - too long to walk to town.  There will be a Princess shuttle bus, or if you walk past the shuttle buses, there are free local buses which will take you out of the port to the main road.  From there you can get the local bus into town.  Taxi, when I was there recently, was EUR 12.

Malaga - yes you can walk into town.  It's about 20 minutes, via Muello Uno, which is part of the port and is a lovely complex with shops and restaurants.

We'll also be on the TA on the Sky starting in Barcelona on Nov. 17th. We have excursions booked in Valencia and Seville, so I haven't done much homework on those two ports. As for Malaga, it does appear that you can walk into town. There is however a shuttle into the town center. It is not run by Princess and the cost is 5 Euros. What I read said when you walk out of the terminal, you will spot where to catch it. So we're going to try that. I have read about a couple of restaurants but am reluctant to list them here as I have no first hand experience.  

On 11/1/2019 at 12:59 PM, Denmal said:

We embark on the Sky for our Transatlantic on 11/17 for 14 days back to FLL.  Several ports we do not have tours booked and are wondering about a few things:

1. Valencia Spain - Does Princess offer a free shuttle or pay shuttle into town? or should we walk   - What sites are not to miss ?  We like churches and markets

2. Malaga Spain - Looks like we might be able to walk into town here.  This day happens to be my birthday - any suggestions for a nice place to have lunch to celebrate ?

3. Cadiz/Seville - Look like we dock in Cadiz - Seville looks to be a good distance away - Our thought was to stay in Cadiz and enjoy the sites - suggestions on what to see 

Thanks

Malaga~took a HOHO last time we were there, nice for exploring....we had lunch at a terrific restaurant call El Pimpi; good food, lots of fun. Here are pictures:

https://dockhl.smugmug.com/TRAVEL/CRUISES/TRANSATLANTIC-USA-BARCELONA/MALAGA/

Thanks

Cadiz~

on prior visits we have gone to Seville and Arcos de la Frontera. Both good excursions. This last time we stayed in town and did another HOHO....beautiful city. The Cadiz Mercado is a nice marketplace that has a fish restaurant outside of it where you pick your fish, they weigh it and cook it....delicious! Pix here:

https://dockhl.smugmug.com/TRAVEL/CRUISES/TRANSATLANTIC-USA-BARCELONA/CADIZ/

Thanks

Valencia~ we have spent a lot of time in Valencia; there is SO much to see. If you can take a "Best of Valencia" excursion you see a lot of the good stuff. If you do it on your own....Old Town, the Market, the City of Arts and Sciences....paella at Plaza Reina....pix here:

https://dockhl.smugmug.com/TRAVEL/CRUISES/TRANSATLANTIC-SPAIN-USA/PRE-CRUISE-VALENCIA/

https://dockhl.smugmug.com/TRAVEL/CRUISES/TRANSATLANTIC-SPAIN-USA/VALENCIA/

https://dockhl.smugmug.com/TRAVEL/CRUISES/KONINGSDAM-CRUISE-VACATION/VALENCIA-FOLDER/VALENCIA-HIGHLIGHTS/

Dockhl

Thanks for all the info and pics - they are beautiful.  We are very excited to see these cities even more now.  We also stop in Lisbon , but have a walking tour there.  So hopefully will enjoy that too.