Mariner of the Seas year built/renovated?

GloriaF

A friend has asked me to help her choose between RC Mariner and Carnival Liberty, and one factor in choosing is year the ship was built and the last time she was renovated.  I think I read Mariner was just recently out of dry dock and now has a lot of the new amenities that the Oasis class ships have -- is this true?

Mariner is AMAZING. I have been on twice since her refurbishment in 2018 - the renovation added things like waterslides, the SkyPad, a few extra dining venues and freshened everything up to make it look like a brand new ship. Definitely one of my favorites!

• 3 months later...

I don’t think there is any comparison between the ships. Mariner of the Seas has significantly more features than Carnival Liberty.  I think Carnival Liberty is one of Carnival’s best decorated ships and I really like the lights that are constantly changing colors. However, Liberty can’t compare to everything Mariner has to offer. Of course it’s not really a fair comparison since Mariner is bigger than every Carnival ship right now. This is an easy decision in my opinion. 

20 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think there is any comparison between the ships. Mariner of the Seas has significantly more features than Carnival Liberty.  I think Carnival Liberty is one of Carnival’s best decorated ships and I really like the lights that are constantly changing colors. However, Liberty can’t compare to everything Mariner has to offer. Of course it’s not really a fair comparison since Mariner is bigger than every Carnival ship right now. This is an easy decision in my opinion. 

Hard to imagine that Mariner is a pretty small ship in Royals fleet but still bigger than any Carnival ship.  Hands down agree that Mariner is a awesome ship.