WIFI Prices on Odyssey

cruzluvers

The  most recent rates are as follows:

2 hours $19.95

3 hours $29.95

4 hours $39.95

Ask your travel agent to contact Seabourn to inquire about a complimentary  300 minute per person  package to see if it can be included as part of your fare.  A good TA may be able to make this happen.

We buy the unlimited for $400 (I think that's the price).  Makes sense for a long voyage and for the both of us.  For a shorter cruise, minutes are probably right, and use your devices in port.  If you have frequent traveler service, you can use your benefits to get a reduced price on the unlimited.  Seabourn Sq. staff are great in explaining this all to you on board.

When we were on the Quest last month, a person in the Square said that paying for WiFi was the biggest complaint they had. We had quite a few minutes, but I still ended up buying a package. Since most luxury cruise lines include WiFi I think Seabourn needs to move in that direction.

What you have to take into account is nothing is free. If you give free tours like Regent, the price goes up for everybody. If you give free wifi  ,  not only does everybody pay for it but some people will stay on line all day slowing it for every body. You take your choice  but realise the reality . Some do not  drink on Seabourn and they subsidise  those who do, some do not like caviar  ( like me ) but I do not suggest it should stopped.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dalliowner said:

What you have to take into account is nothing is free. If you give free tours like Regent, the price goes up for everybody. If you give free wifi  ,  not only does everybody pay for it but some people will stay on line all day slowing it for every body. You take your choice  but realise the reality . Some do not  drink on Seabourn and they subsidise  those who do, some do not like caviar  ( like me ) but I do not suggest it should stopped.

I know nothing is free..shall I say included 

Customers that rely on fast, internet will value this when making decisions about which cruise line to visit. It should be upgraded as soon as possible and it should be included in the price of the cruise. Just like the retreat is a bad idea, charging for slow internet is a bad one as well. Most customers buying a Seabourn cruise don’t want to be nickle and dimed. 

Is that price per device, or per stateroom?  DH will bring his laptop to check in on work for an hour or so in the a.m., and again in the evening.  I'm bringing my iPad, which I don't use much, but like to have for airplanes and airports.  Can I log on if needed at the same time as DH? It would probably be once a day, to check emails for maybe 10 minutes.... If its per device, I can wait til he logs off if needed. Not a problem.

Edited by kimanjo

8 minutes ago, kimanjo said:

Is that price per device, or per stateroom?  DH will bring his laptop to check in on work for an hour or so in the a.m., and again in the evening.  I'm bringing my iPad, which I don't use much, but like to have for airplanes and airports.  Can I log on if needed at the same time as DH? It would probably be once a day, to check emails for maybe 10 minutes.... If its per device, I can wait til he logs off if needed. Not a problem.

It's billed against a passenger name, and that 'account' can be logged into one device only, if you want to use another, you have to log the first one out again. You can share of course, but only one device at a time can be logged in. If each of you have 'free minutes' as part of a deal or because you selected it as a cruise benefit, then each passenger in the suite has their own account and each can log in one device at a time. That was the situation on our last cruise, however we just used up the minutes for one of us, then switched and used the minutes up for the other one. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rols said:

It's billed against a passenger name, and that 'account' can be logged into one device only, if you want to use another, you have to log the first one out again. You can share of course, but only one device at a time can be logged in. If each of you have 'free minutes' as part of a deal or because you selected it as a cruise benefit, then each passenger in the suite has their own account and each can log in one device at a time. That was the situation on our last cruise, however we just used up the minutes for one of us, then switched and used the minutes up for the other one. 

Thank you very much.  I figured it was one device only at a time.  It's fine, I can wait to check my mail. Him keeping up with work is more important.  Nothing I need to do can't wait!  We don't have any free minutes as a benefit. It's all good.  Just wanted to know for sure. 

Thanks again.