Edge - how does wifi system work? and cost weekly?

LSKC

My husband jumps back and forth between ipad (netflix, etc) and his iphone (work emails) and even his laptop if work comes up. 

How does the wifi you buy (unlimited for the week) work in this case? will he literally have to sign out of one before he can go onto another one (all week?)

or... once he signs in to a device...can he also be on his phone as well if need be. We were at a resort once where you had to go through the sign in/out method each and every time you needed/wanted to access wifi and it was a pain. Just curious!

Edited to add: what is the cost per person to have the wifi for a week-long cruise on Edge? 

thanks.

Edited by LSKC

I'm currently on Edge and find the Wifi to be the best I've experienced on a Celebrity ship.  

Just ran a test and get

Download     2.52

Upload          1.51

I have the Regular Unlimited package and have even been able to stream a Netflix video.

Prices vary by length of the cruise.    You should be able to see your pricing by logging into Celebrity and choose Cruise Planner then choose Internet.    I believe you have to call to get the Captain's Club

Discounts of

Classic   10%

Select     25%

Elite        30%

Elite+     35%

image.thumb.png.5a02a76a1c7bef33f8fba31d33a3a780.png

If you have a 1 device package he will have to logout of 1 before he can connect another device.  If you both have unlimited then using your user ID and password with one device and his for another device he could be on his phone and IPad at the same time , but you wouldn’t be able to be online.

Logging out and in isn't laborious.  You assign a user name and password when you first log in.  Use that user name and password on each subsequent device.  When you pick up a new (previously logged in) device got to settings, click "celebrity wifi". It takes you to the switch screen where you simply tap "switch to this device".  That logs out the previous one and logs in the new on in one step.