Live from the Sunrise

samrothstein

5 minutes ago, MEUB1112 said:

We loved the ship as the Triumph, can't wait to sail on the Sunrise. Will be following your report. Thank You.

5 minutes ago, MEUB1112 said:

We loved the ship as the Triumph, can't wait to sail on the Sunrise. Will be following your report. Thank You.

My only previous cruise was on Destiny, and it definitely feels similar (even after 7 years). I’ve really enjoyed the added food options, and haven’t noticed too many hassles with lines and over crowding. Everywhere at lunch at lines today, except cucina del capitano, but they moved real quick. 

3 minutes ago, frosts said:

How is the WIFI?  Traveling with my autistic adult daughter, and YOU TUBE is her life.

I’ve only got the social plan, which doesn’t allow YouTube, but the speeds have been better than I expected at sea. Facebook videos load slowly, but everything else is decently quick. The upgraded plan advertises Netflix capacity, but I’d still expect buffering. 

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Have a great cruise on the Sunrise. We enjoyed our time on her. 😎

11 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Enjoy your cruise.  

thanks guys. It’s been a treat so far. Golf Cart rental tomorrow on GT, so pretty excited for that. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 4:05 PM, GB Chicago said:

Can you confirm the name of the house band and piano bar player?  We will be on her in two weeks!

CIA is the band in Red Frog and they are really great. We spent many a night in there with them.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 7:54 PM, samrothstein said:

thanks guys. It’s been a treat so far. Golf Cart rental tomorrow on GT, so pretty excited for that. 

Can you give us an update on the golf carting in GT?  Who you rented from, would you use them again?  We are on the Sunrise in Feb.  enjoy your cruise!

On 11/5/2019 at 6:27 AM, B and B Rookie Cannucks said:

Can you give us an update on the golf carting in GT?  Who you rented from, would you use them again?  We are on the Sunrise in Feb.  enjoy your cruise!

We rented from Wet Money, paid $100 in advance via CC on their website. Pick up was a breeze, drop off easy , and then day was great. Cart had a ding dings,  but it ran fine and got us all over the island. It did take about 30 minutes to get to the light house, and if you plan on doing much more exploring than the light house and a beach, I’d just rent a car. 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, Erik_On_The_High_Seas said:

Thank you for your updates -- I'm on that ship on the 21st for the 4-day cruise to Turks/Caicos so I'm really interested to read your reports from the Sunrise.

Will you be sharing copies of the Fun Times (or were you able to find copies online for this itinerary)?

Thanks, Erik

I have all the Fun Times, except day one. Will scan and upload soon!

• Like 1