PORT EVERGLADES SHUTTLE?

earlydiner

We are taking two cruises (B2B on different ships) in January out of Port Everglades.  Wondering how everyone gets from Holland America (Nieuw Statendam) to Royal Caribbean (Adventure of the Seas). Assuming there are taxi's or shuttles.  Any help would be greatly appriciated.

6 hours ago, earlydiner said:

Assuming there are taxi's or shuttles.

Yes and maybe, but you'd have to combine the shuttles as they will not run directly between terminals, if at all.

BTW, when going from one ship to another, the CC terminology seems to be S2S (side to side)

8 hours ago, earlydiner said:

We are taking two cruises (B2B on different ships) in January out of Port Everglades.  Wondering how everyone gets from Holland America (Nieuw Statendam) to Royal Caribbean (Adventure of the Seas). Assuming there are taxi's or shuttles.  Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Most report having to use a taxi.

• Clarea changed the title to PORT EVERGLADES SHUTTLE?

We did this last year, got off a RCCL ship (Adventure) to get on HAL ship (Koningsdam).  We got a taxi ... had them take us to the Koningsdam pier ... had the taxi wait while checking our luggage in with the porters ... then had the taxi take us to Harbor Shops (lunch at Duffy's, pick up some snacks at the grocery store there.)  It was a short trip for the taxi driver, but I told him up front what I wanted to do and that I would tip him well --- which I did.  Then, after a short walk, caught a cab back to the port and checked in on the Koningsdam.  Gave us a nice little break between the cruises.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 3:55 PM, MKellyUtah said:

We did this last year, got off a RCCL ship (Adventure) to get on HAL ship (Koningsdam).  We got a taxi ... had them take us to the Koningsdam pier ... had the taxi wait while checking our luggage in with the porters ... then had the taxi take us to Harbor Shops (lunch at Duffy's, pick up some snacks at the grocery store there.)  It was a short trip for the taxi driver, but I told him up front what I wanted to do and that I would tip him well --- which I did.  Then, after a short walk, caught a cab back to the port and checked in on the Koningsdam.  Gave us a nice little break between the cruises.

We are doing this in January between Holland America, Pier 26, and Princess, Pier 2. Was told that the taxi would be $10 plus should tip generously. Now am thinking that it would probably make just as much sense to go round trip to Total Wine in the taxi and pick up a couple of bottles of wine to take on the Princess cruise. Would the taxi cost be only slightly more? Do you remember what the cost was for you last year?

Med02

When we did this last year, I think we paid $10-$15 total for the taxi to take us to the other terminal ... hand our luggage off to the porters (that only took about 2 mins) ... then back in the taxi to the Harbor Shops.  I tipped the driver $10.  Then the cab back from Harbor Shops to the port ... probably the same fare, which I think it pretty much a minimum.  Getting a cab at Harbor Shops was quick & easy (we called Yellow Cab ourselves.)  The process was well worth it to us and, in the big picture of what the cruises cost, the cost wasn't that much for the convenience.  Have a great trip in January!