Balcony Dividers

Cookie2boys

Family of four will be on Horizon with 2 balcony cabins.  Will I be able to have the balcony divider open between the two cabins? I did a search but did not find the answer. It would have been ideal to have the connecting cabin that's next to ours but it was booked already☹️

I dont know how it works on the Horizon, But we cruised in June on the Miracle  with 2 balcony cabins.   We asked the room Steward and he said we had to go to guest services and they only have so much hardware to open them so get there soon.   Guest services required one person from each cabin to be there and to agree to the opening.  They opened the divider the next day about noonish.   Hope that helps a little.

Edited by Daliaha

6 minutes ago, Daliaha said:

I dont know how it works on the Horizon, But we cruised in June on the Miracle  with 2 balcony cabins.   We asked the room Steward and he said we had to go to guest services and they only have so much hardware to open them so get there soon.   Guest services required one person from each cabin to be there and to agree to the opening.  They opened the divider the next day about noonish.   Hope that helps a little.

Just wanted to add to this (because it is accurate), you will want to do this early as from what I was told on-board at guest services that they can only do it for so many cabins (around 40 dividers, but I am sure it is different for different ships).  Not like you would have to race there, but you will want to do it shortly after boarding.  Happy sailing

Definitely ask early and don't let them forget. I was at the top of the list but for some reason, they skipped my name. They tried to tell me it was too late when I asked again but I insisted that the divider be opened. Someone came within minutes.

We had two balcony rooms on the Glory in February. The website cruisinangel2 posted showed that ours were not connecting balconies but we figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask the steward. He called maintenance and they came and removed the entire partition while we were still unpacking. It was really nice because there were no obstructions in between our balconies and it was quite roomy. 

• Like 1

What kind of key do they use for the dividers.  We were on the Disney Fantasy and the divider lock were about the size of a 1/2" allen wrench.  We were able to open the dividers ourselves with a clothes pin we brought to hang wet things in the bathroom.

19 hours ago, ncovert said:

Just wanted to add to this (because it is accurate), you will want to do this early as from what I was told on-board at guest services that they can only do it for so many cabins (around 40 dividers, but I am sure it is different for different ships).  Not like you would have to race there, but you will want to do it shortly after boarding.  Happy sailing

For the Spirit class of ships, the balcony divider  is hinged at the balcony railing.  When they open them, they swing around to block part of the balcony.  The clamps that hold them open are the reason why the numbers are limited.

For all other classes that have balconies, they are mounted to the bulkhead and swing towards the bulkhead.  There is a hook there that holds them open.  The cabins are laid out back to back.  As an example, standing on your balcony, your door is on the left, your window on the right.  The cabin to your left will have their door next to yours.  The cabin on your right will have their window next to yours.  Your cabin and the one on the right will be able to open the divider.  They will not open them if by doing so would block one of the cabin doors.  In the above case, the divider will partially block one of the windows.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 7:38 AM, Cookie2boys said:

Family of four will be on Horizon with 2 balcony cabins.  Will I be able to have the balcony divider open between the two cabins?

I did a search but did not find the answer.

It would have been ideal to have the connecting cabin that's next to ours but it was booked already☹️

What is your cabin number?

If you don't want to list it here:

1) Click on the link below

2) Then click on your deck number

3) Then scroll down until you locate your cabin number.  There it will list which cabin or cabins your balcony divider will open to.

Very easy question to answer. 

Click on this link to find your cabin on Carnival Horizon:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4397/~/carnival-horizon-(hz)-staterooms-and-ship-features

☺️

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 2

The answer is yes, it can be done. However, not every divider can be opened. You have to work with your PVP to find out which ones can. I was trying to get a connecting cabin for my upcoming cruise but they were all taken. We were able to find one where the divider can be removed. This will be more convenient for everyone. Your PVP can add it to the notes that you want the divider to be separated. This way the cabin steward can have everything ready by the time you get on. 

Definitely check the goccl site.  If the open balcony divider would be blocking your door, they won't open it.  What I had noticed was that connecting cabins did not have connecting balconies.  So then, the search was narrowed down because I don't want a connecting cabin to a stranger.  I know the door would be locked, but just feel like noise would carry even more than normal.  We typically travel with another couple, so I always check that site prior to booking.  We enjoy sitting out on the balcony with a drink.  

Thanks again everyone. The goccl site was a great help. The balcony divider can be opened.  Getting two balcony rooms together on the floor I preferred was limited due to the cruise being popular (ABC Islands) I guess.  One of the rooms is next to a connecting cabin which would have been very convenient had it not already been booked by someone.  The few other cabins that were an option were not in a location I wanted. Now it's just to rush to guest services to request it be opened before theres a huge crowd but I will also ask my TA if she could make a note on the reservation.

• Like 2