Baltic, Iceland, Norway and the U.K.on a cruise

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I drink scotch for medicinal purposes as well, when I have a tickle in my throat (start of winter), I have a scotch and it staves off the oncoming cold.

A hot toddy was some peoples cure all . When we were just in the Dominican Republic is was Mama Juana .

We had contacted Matthew asking if we could see heather in the highlands not nothing that we would be there at the wrong time . But Matthew had found a little in bloom which we stopped to look at .

DSC08958%202_zpscpnvay0c.jpg

DSC08956%202_zpsfocnepk4.jpg

After arriving back at the port we heard the pipes again and walked down to see them . It was a full band of talented young people

They waited patiently for the ship's announcements

I don't think that they expected a second set of announcements from the CD nor could hear him as they launched into Amazing Grace

We near that our time was drawing to a close as they began Scotland the Brave

8 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We had contacted Matthew asking if we could see heather in the highlands not nothing that we would be there at the wrong time . But Matthew had found a little in bloom which we stopped to look at .

DSC08958%202_zpscpnvay0c.jpg

After arriving back at the port we heard the pipes again and walked down to see them . It was a full band of talented young people

We spent 3 months in Scotland in the early 90s. I still remember that trip fondly - such wonderful people, love the Scots (my dominant ancestry) and driving through and around Scotland allowed us to see so much. I imagine much has changed since our extended land trip but I still have a wonderful framed photo of a field of heather that was taken by my friend.

Do you like hearing the bagpipes? I love them - such a plaintive sound. Have you attended the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on any of your visits to Scotland? When those massed pipes and drums came out of the castle onto the esplanade it gave me quite a thrill. 

Just curious - how long were you away from home for these cruises? You take such beautiful photos. Do you have a link to a site where we might look at this collection of photos? 

43 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

We spent 3 months in Scotland in the early 90s. I still remember that trip fondly - such wonderful people, love the Scots (my dominant ancestry) and driving through and around Scotland allowed us to see so much. I imagine much has changed since our extended land trip but I still have a wonderful framed photo of a field of heather that was taken by my friend.

Do you like hearing the bagpipes? I love them - such a plaintive sound. Have you attended the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on any of your visits to Scotland? When those massed pipes and drums came out of the castle onto the esplanade it gave me quite a thrill. 

Just curious - how long were you away from home for these cruises? You take such beautiful photos. Do you have a link to a site where we might look at this collection of photos? 

That sounds like a great trip . I do like the sound of the pipes . One of my dive buddies from the Fire Department played . This was our first to Scotland and our next one is at the wrong time for the Tattoo . We went from May 27th to June 25th on this cruise . Our next cruise is in April until May 23rd which includes 3 stops in England , Scotland and Ireland along with others . We will then change ships for a week in Norway . My Photobucket account is locked and I forgot the password to unlock it to share access . Our favorite cruise and stay was Antarctica and Patagonia for week last December . Here's a link for that cruise and another favorite for photos was Alaska .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

I noticed that a lot of photos are missing . When I click on the blank space it does take me to go to the photo on Photobucket where I can view the photo and others . Would you please try clicking on one of the blank photos and see if it will allow you to see it ?

Yes! I clicked on a missing Alaska photo & it took me to your photobucket account where I could view all of your Alaska photos. 

If you click on our avatar it takes you to our page . Click on see my activity . On the left click on topics . This will show you all of our threads . Pick a thread that you like and click on a photo or a blank photo and it should take you to that sub topic in our Photobucket library and it's photos .

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

What a shame the photos are not being seen in the thread properly.

Yeah , it's kinda weird that you can click on the missing photo and see the photo on Photobucket . We have written and phoned PB several times without much success . We have also tried to renew several times and they won't process our renewal .

13 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Yeah , it's kinda weird that you can click on the missing photo and see the photo on Photobucket . We have written and phoned PB several times without much success . We have also tried to renew several times and they won't process our renewal .

That is strange, you would think that they want users.

Invergordon was our last stop but we did visit 2 other cities previously in Norway .  We looked forward to Stavanger a smaller town before the city of Oslo , our next port. We had a quite day planned of relaxing , strolling and a Fjord cruise. We booked with Ronde online and saved about 1/2 price.

IMG_5454-001_zps03400c99.jpg?t=1383247934

We looked at the cute little houses above the port and thought that it would be fun to walk up and visit while we waited for our cruise to Pulpit Rock. We took one more look at the cute little harbor before we went down to leave the ship.

IMG_5456-001_zps77c9a92b.jpg

Suddenly (Cue theme music from Jaws), we felt a massive presence on our left side. The port got much louder. We jumped ship as soon as we could before it got crowded on shore.

IMG_5462-001_zps0b5ffc5b.jpg?t=1383247981

A nice quite little street

IMG_5466-002_zps6fb2ba14.jpg?t=1383247913

IMG_5465_zps1e324f7e.jpg

In the fish market area Norwegian woolen sweaters and hats are sold at a discount price (made in China).

IMG_5511-001_zps02203038.jpg

Meanwhile at the fjord tour boat , the crowd had swelled and was getting restless.

IMG_5522-001_zps3311484b.jpg

We were going to Pulpit Rock and this map was posted on the ship.

P1040807-001_zps2db02325.jpg

There is a commentary in Norwegian and English

IMG_5531-001_zps59f56b4d.jpg

We didn't see too many seals because the boat moves fast and the seal teams are masters of camouflage. There are 4 hidden in this picture.

IMG_5548-001_zpsf1a874c0.jpg

As we got closer to the main attraction , Pulpit Rock - we realized that we were not the only cruise.

IMG_5655-002_zpsa46736d5.jpg

And here it is towering at 1982 feet above - Pulpit Rock !

IMG_5643-001_zpsefaaf812.jpg

I must say that we preferred some of the other scenery like Hengjanefossen with a 400 meter fall.

IMG_5676-002_zpsf58318eb.jpg

IMG_5713-002_zpsqrmmtvmt.jpg