Pre-sail internet but Elite so get some free minutes

cookiersmom

We will want to have surf wi fi on one device, however, we are elite and so we first get a bunch of minutes each. Are we best to wait til we are on board, use our free minutes and then book surf for the rest of the voyage?  I think that if you book part way thru the voyage, the price is less (because you are paying for less days?)

thanks

3 hours ago, royalcruz said:

You will be able to choose free minutes, then pay full price for internet after that is used, OR get an Elite discount on a one device package, per person.

Since we are elite, can we pre-book the surf package and get our elite discount on it?

1 minute ago, cookiersmom said:

Since we are elite, can we pre-book the surf package and get our elite discount on it?

You can call the Captains Club to order it at your 30% discount, or just wait until you board. If you aren't planning to use video, the unlimited surf package might work for you and it costs A LOT less than the other one does. Also, if you see a pre-cruise sale, you might be able to get your discount on top of the sale price. Someone on CC was able to do that. I've never seen the surf package on sale though....only the more expensive package. Since they only allow you to purchase the package for one device, if you want 2 devices the discount doesn't work out that great....the surf package costs about $20/day, but 2 devices is about $30/day...if you do the math, you'll see you're only saving about $1/day per device if you activate 2 devices!

Here's what my DH and I do with our elite benefits....he gets his free minutes. I get the discount on one device on the surf package. I have both of our email accounts set up on my phone and we share once he uses up his minutes.

If you just take the free minutes, be sure to sign out!!!!

4 hours ago, royalcruz said:

Here's what my DH and I do with our elite benefits....he gets his free minutes. I get the discount on one device on the surf package. I have both of our email accounts set up on my phone and we share once he uses up his minutes.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you wrote, it sounds as though you think the one device package is limited to one specific device.  If so, that’s not correct. It’s just limited to one device at a time. Any number of people can share the package on multiple devices, but only one device can be logged on at a time.  (Apologies if I’ve misunderstood why you would have both email accounts set up on your phone.)

11 hours ago, cookiersmom said:

Are we best to wait til we are on board, use our free minutes and then book surf for the rest of the voyage?  I think that if you book part way thru the voyage, the price is less (because you are paying for less days?)

Yes. My experience on Silhouette was that by the time I used my free minutes, they were offering a "rest of the voyage" price to everyone, which was certainly less than on boarding day.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they then also added my 35% discount to the discounted price.  This was a 10 day Caribbean, so for this sailing it was not free minutes or a discount, it was both. 

Every ship, every time, or an error...who knows? 

2 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Yes. My experience on Silhouette was that by the time I used my free minutes, they were offering a "rest of the voyage" price to everyone, which was certainly less than on boarding day.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they then also added my 35% discount to the discounted price.  This was a 10 day Caribbean, so for this sailing it was not free minutes or a discount, it was both. 

Every ship, every time, or an error...who knows? 

That's great. They told us it was one or the other on our last 2 cruises (Infinity and Edge).

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Unless I am misunderstanding what you wrote, it sounds as though you think the one device package is limited to one specific device.  If so, that’s not correct. It’s just limited to one device at a time. Any number of people can share the package on multiple devices, but only one device can be logged on at a time.  (Apologies if I’ve misunderstood why you would have both email accounts set up on your phone.)

Yes, of course you can sign out on one device and sign in on the other. For us, it's just easier not to, as my DH needs my assistance every time. So because we can't both be signed in at the same time on one acct anyway, it's just MUCH easier to pass the phone, LOL!

Just for clarity, if both you and your cabin mate are Elite, you don't both have to choose the free minutes, so just one of you can take the free minutes and the other one can take a discount on whatever WIFI package you choose. I'd suggest whichever that is just do a one device unless you both need to be on at once.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:36 AM, EatonDoolittle said:

Do you remember on what day the “rest of the voyage” price was offered and how much it was? Leaving on the Silhouette on Thursday and trying to decide whether to buy an internet package now or wait.

5 hours ago, mackfam said:

Do you remember on what day the “rest of the voyage” price was offered and how much it was? Leaving on the Silhouette on Thursday and trying to decide whether to buy an internet package now or wait.

I checked my notes, and the offer showed up on day 7 (of  12). It was $85 for unlimited for the rest of the trip. I still had some free minutes left at that point, so I went to the Internet cafe and asked the guys if  it would go lower in a few days. They said that was as low as the price would go. 

are the free minutes for Elite "surf" or "unlimited" access?

my mom tried to use her Elite discount to pre-purchase a 2 device 'surf' package and was told could not - no discount on the 2 device surf package, only the one device package