Please give me the low down on why you enjoy Oceania

Lois R

Paul;

I’ll be on both Uniworld and Oceania in 2020. Completely different itineraries and great places to see and visit from both. Quality of food on both is equal, but different. The greatest difference is not quality. Both have great food. It’s that if one takes a river cruise in China and France on Uniworld they get the choice of totally different cuisine on the different voyages representing the different lands. Not true for Oceania, except for maybe one dinner from the buffet line.

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Paul;

I’ll be on both Uniworld and Oceania in 2020. Completely different itineraries and great places to see and visit from both. Quality of food on both is equal, but different. The greatest difference is not quality. Both have great food. It’s that if one takes a river cruise in China and France on Uniworld they get the choice of totally different cuisine on the different voyages representing the different lands. Not true for Oceania, except for maybe one dinner from the buffet line.

Enjoy!

On 11/15/2019 at 3:58 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

IMO, the best of the current CDs are Ray Carr, John Egan and Leslie John (with Ray and Leslie being at opposite ends of the personality spectrum). I've heard good things about Julie but have yet to encounter her. There's also three newer fellows - two of which are so lackluster that I've renamed them "the English guy" and the "wannabe Broadway performer (who's often off key)."

I hate to be so harsh on the poor performing newer CDs - maybe they'll get their Oceania sea legs sooner than later. But Dotty should really know better that her constant barkering is obtrusive and so unnecessary.

Ok I have to ask, who is the "wannabe Broadway performer"?! Still laughing at your descriptions btw!

37 minutes ago, bigmjh said:

Flatbush ... are you applying this label to Carson Turner??? 

Could be (I recognize the name). He was a younger guy - very nice - who I seem to remember had previously been a member of an Oceania performance troupe (?).

In any case, from his self-stories, it was clear that he just "lives for Broadway " and apparently has done some live theater. However, IMO (based on his singing), he might want to concentrate on everything else "Cruise Director" (where, with some additional experience and perhaps some mentoring, I think he'll do well).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1