Anthem New Years 2020 cruise

We are sailing on the Anthem out of NJ on Dec 28th.

It's been a while since we have been on a RC cruise. 

We are wondering what new years activities might be offered?

Would they be complimentary or have a fee? Reservations required? if so where and how would you make them? Dress code?

How many formal nights on an 8 night cruise?

We also added the Key program.

It says you get Seats in the VIP seating section, but do you still need to make reservations.

Thanks in advance for any help

4 minutes ago, 09Minidriver said:

We also added the Key program.

It says you get Seats in the VIP seating section, but do you still need to make reservations.

Thanks in advance for any help

No reservation required. There will be a section roped off for you. Show you sea pass and they will let you in

Edited by Tulsacoker

How do you join the roll call?

The Key cost us $207 per person

I called Royal Caribbean to add it. I also saw it on the website when I was looking at drink packages, excursions etc.

The woman on the phone said there were only a little over 100 Keys for this cruise.

16 hours ago, 09Minidriver said:

I called Royal Caribbean to add it. I also saw it on the website when I was looking at drink packages, excursions etc.

The woman on the phone said there were only a little over 100 Keys for this cruise.

To join the roll call, go to:  https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That link is for signing up for the Meet & Mingle onboard.

The Roll Call thread here on CC is not the Meet & Mingle.

I stand corrected.  But I thought the reason for joining the roll call was to participate in the meet and mingle.  Clear this up for me, please.

11 minutes ago, st5310 said:

I stand corrected.  But I thought the reason for joining the roll call was to participate in the meet and mingle.  Clear this up for me, please.

The reason for the Roll Call thread is to discuss the upcoming cruise with others on the same sailing.

The reason for the Meet & Mingle is to meet the folks on the Roll Call thread in person once onboard.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

The reason for the Roll Call thread is to discuss the upcoming cruise with others on the same sailing.

The reason for the Meet & Mingle is to meet the folks on the Roll Call thread in person once onboard.

Understood, Host Clarea and thank you, but I must confess that I have always assumed the two to be connected.  That is, assumed that if you are sailing the same cruise you would want to meet the other CruiseCritic participants in person.  I think many folks who go to the thread also wish to join the meet and greet, but there is no link (that I could find) on the thread (even though it is called "the meet and mingle roll call).  Evidently, "meet and mingle" in this case refers to the online thread only.  I think it's confusing.

On 11/12/2019 at 7:16 PM, 09Minidriver said:

Just curious...what may you pull the trigger on the Key?

18 hours ago, chiguypaul said:

Just curious...what may you pull the trigger on the Key?

We watched a few reviews on youtube and decided the few extra dollars a day above the cost of the internet was worth it for the added perks

I think just for the stress free embarkation lunch and not having to deal with carry-ons will be worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this sailing for NYE 2019! It was great!! 

If i remember correctly there were two formal nights, one on NYE and the other on the day following CocoCay (which was our last port). 

For events on NYE, there was a big party on the "esplanade" and there was also an option to go to an event in 270 for a fee (I don't remember how much it costs). Following the "ball drop" was a comedian in the theater. 

Our only complaint about Anthem (we LOVED this ship) was that after ~11 pm or whenever the last seating of the show for the night got out, there wasn't much to do. We're in our early 20's and found that there's not much nightlife besides going to Boleros, which was more of an older crowd. This is the only negative thing I can think of about Anthem as a whole. We are sailing her again on Jan 5 for an 11 night southern caribbean. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 🙂

IMG_2637.jpeg

On 12/5/2019 at 11:42 PM, allisonb22 said:

Our only complaint about Anthem (we LOVED this ship) was that after ~11 pm or whenever the last seating of the show for the night got out, there wasn't much to do. We're in our early 20's and found that there's not much nightlife besides going to Boleros, which was more of an older crowd. This is the only negative thing I can think of about Anthem as a whole. We are sailing her again on Jan 5 for an 11 night southern caribbean. 

That's disappointing to hear--I had thought most of the bars were open until 2-3 am?

We have been going on the Anthem New Year’s Eve cruise for that last 2 years and will be going again.  270 has a a NYE party in it for a cost.  You get your own table,  a bottle of champagne, and a tray of o’derves from jamies and wonderland.  Then for a different price you can sit in the chairs all around.  There is a band and dancing.  A countdown then fireworks.  All the lounges have music and dancing for no charge.

1 hour ago, kylielkinnaman said:

That's disappointing to hear--I had thought most of the bars were open until 2-3 am?

At least in our experience, it was really just Boleros that was open late but it was an older crowd. We were just expecting a nightclub or dance space 

On 12/5/2019 at 11:42 PM, allisonb22 said:

How long was the sailing on the Anthem? I feel like if it was a long cruise out of the Northeast that would explain the age demographic. We are a group of low-mid 20 year olds sailing on a 4 Day NYE out of Miami (with NCL, not Royal), however we are hoping because of it being a shorter voyage and out of a much busier port, the age demographic will be more in our range! Flying down from PA!