What can we do here that DOESN'T involve a 90 minute bus ride ??

RecoveryDude

Any of the island excursions will not take a bus ride, but will obviously take a boat ride to get to them.  

All the Mayan ruins are going to be at least an hour bus ride from port.  It isn't really as bad as you think though, the tour guides are talking the whole time about the history of their country and the culture, Mayan daily life, etc.  It really goes by fast.

On 11/13/2019 at 6:07 PM, iambeast said:

I would definitely say try the Party Bus if you're into that kind of stuff.  We booked it through www.belizepartybus.com ,  very good excursion, one of the best we've done in a long while! 

Interested in this.  What did you see?  What made it so good?

If you want to do something that isn't a party bus, you should be able to find cave tubing close to Belize City...I think the one I went on was only about 30 minutes from Belize City. We really enjoyed it 🙂 the water is fresh water, not salt as its river water...water temp was about 75F, I would guess. the river has a current, so you float through the tour, almost like a lazy river. in the sun, I was warm, but when floating through the cave tunnels, I was cold. if you get cold easy, I would suggest wearing a water top, I had on only my bkini top and I had the chills when we weren't in the sun.

• Like 1