Starbucks gift card

ScottandRudy

20 hours ago, kenzie said:

Does anyone know if discount codes work, such as staff discount at the Starbucks on NCL Joy 

Kenzie, we're sailing on the Escape 30 Nov and my daughter has partner numbers. I'll try to remember to post back here after the cruise and let you know.  If you haven't heard from me (or someone who already knows) by, say, 10 December, maybe message me?  

On 11/15/2019 at 6:58 PM, ICaughtTheCruiseBug said:

Kenzie, we're sailing on the Escape 30 Nov and my daughter has partner numbers. I'll try to remember to post back here after the cruise and let you know.  If you haven't heard from me (or someone who already knows) by, say, 10 December, maybe message me?  

How kind of you, hope you have an amazing time, I love the escape, it is my favorite ship 

On 11/15/2019 at 12:58 PM, ICaughtTheCruiseBug said:

Just an FYI but this forum doesn't have a private message feature.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:14 PM, kenzie said:

Does anyone know if discount codes work, such as staff discount at the Starbucks on NCL Joy 

According to what I’ve been told by Starbucks baristas, only corporate store employees get partner numbers and only corporate stores accept partner numbers for the discount.

The Starbucks on cruise ships (and supermarkets, Target, hotels, etc) are licensed stores. No partner discounts. 

Cruise ship Starbucks cannot redeem rewards but you DO earn reward points when you use your Starbucks app/registered card. I confirmed this after my Bliss cruise which featured some lovely flat whites. I just wish they had some cruise-specific designs for the You Are Here mug series. 

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 1

can you use starbucks gift cards. We can use the employee discount at Starbucks stores in the UK & USA but not franchises, are you suggesting that the starbucks onboard is not a company Starbucks but a franchise? 

1 hour ago, kenzie said:

can you use starbucks gift cards. We can use the employee discount at Starbucks stores in the UK & USA but not franchises, are you suggesting that the starbucks onboard is not a company Starbucks but a franchise? 

These Starbucks are licensed and run by the “host” corporation. If I go to the Starbucks inside my local Fred Meyer supermarket, I’ll be sold Starbucks products by Fred Meyer-employed baristas. Starbucks does not franchise their concept, so you’re not going to find standalone Starbucks that aren’t corporate owned. 

But you can still use gift cards and get a proper Vanilla Sweet Cream cold brew at the licensed stores, including the ones on Bliss, Joy, etc. 

• 3 weeks later...

I used my app exclusively on the Bliss at Starbucks. I took my gold card with me just in case, but they were able to scan my app just fine. Be sure to load it before you board though, just in case the Wifi doesn't let you reload it.

12 hours ago, ICaughtTheCruiseBug said:

So we're back from our Escape cruise! Partner numbers were a definite no-go and we didn't see a scanner for the app. The woman at the counter told us it was room cards only, but another passenger aboard said she was able to use a gift card.  HTH?

Hello "Icaughtthecruisebug" - Thank you for returning to me with that information. I hope you had a wonderful cruise on the Escape. 

Regards and Happy Christmas